331-340

AST 331 Unexpected Breakthrough, 5th Heavenly Layer of the Ancient Strengthening Technique

Fei Wuji was standing below the arena, pale-faced. He sent someone off, and after a while, he sent a second person away!

"Brother Long Ying, Brother Qian Li, since your sect's member has broken the regulation of the arena battle and has even volunteered to accept the 2nd rule, then I won't say much. Can we proceed to start with it now?" One of the two old men, the one who had not spoken up all this while suddenly spoke up, with a poker face.

"Senior Ying Kong, Senior Xue, could you allow him to go retrieve his weapon first?" Fei Wuji anxiously bowed and asked the two elderly from the Sword Tower.

"Oh, it's Wuji. Alright, I'll trust you, but it must not exceed thirty minutes." It was the elderly Xue Guo who had not been speaking previously.

"Qing Shui, go get your weapon!"

Qing Shui also thought that if he were to bring out his weapons on the spot, others might find it weird, too. Therefore, he nodded and left the arena with Canghai Mingyue.

The chatterings under the arena got even noisier since it had been some time since such a situation had occurred. Everyone could guess what would happen for one to be challenging nine top notch warriors of this level alone.

"This is someone from Starmoon Hall who could possibly rise up in the competition between the various palaces next year! It's such a pity!

"Is our Starmoon Hall's spring doomed to be so short?" A young man from Starmoon Hall mumbled.

"Qing Shui, you'll forever live in our hearts..."

...

"Old Master, I have urgent news to report!" An ordinary looking middle-aged man came to Cang Wuya's residence, bowed and said.

"Come in. Tell me quickly!" Cang Wuya's voice sounded very calm.

At the same time, in another area which was filled with simple stone houses, another ordinary looking middle-aged man bowed and said in a low voice, "Old Ancestor, Young Master Fei has an urgent message to pass to you."

"Speak!" A low and simple voice rang out, giving out a desolate aura.

The middle-aged man shared the situation at the arena before continuing, "Qing Shui is Supreme Elder Cang's disciple, Canghai's only son-in-law, and he has unparalleled talent. Young Master Fei hopes that you would be able to step forth to help him."

The room turned silent, and the middle-aged man who was standing outside was drenched in perspiration, even feeling as if he was going to collapse soon. Only then, a sigh was heard from the room.

"Go back and tell him, what I owe him, I'll return it to him in folds. However, this is a grave issue. I don't wish for Heavenly Palace to be left with an ill name. Didn't he say that the chap's talent is quite good? Since he dared to do such a thing, he must be held responsible for his own rashness. To blindly act rash without thinking through thoroughly is just courting death. I can help him today, but what about tomorrow? I'm not invincible," the old sounding voice said.

"Then Old Ancestor..."

"Pass my words to him as it is. Having not experienced thunderstorms, nor life and death situations, how would he ever be able to grow? A general builds his success on ten thousand bleaching bones. Which warrior did not rise from stepping on top of other's dead bodies?"

Qing Shui returned to him room and took out his Big Dipper Sword as well as the Heaven Shaking Hammer. He also put on a suit of armor which he had forged again. Just as he was prepared to head back, he suddenly entered the Realm of the Violet Jade Immortal .