Mikel: The Dance Lesson

~AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for reading and I love you!~

Mabel was dressed in a pair of black leggings and a baggy Aladdin sweatshirt. Her cascades of long black hair that reached down to her waist was in a sloppy bun, her bright blue-green eyes were surrounded with long dark eyelashes, she had makeup on even though she didn't need it, and each knee had a knee brace. She looked stunning to say the least.

"I can't believe you have a dance studio in your apartment." She looked around my studio.

"Yeah. Well." I shrugged. "Do you have any dance shoes?" I asked.

"I have tap shoes, dance paws, ballet slippers, pointe shoes, and hip hop shoes." She said.

"That covers it for all the types I know." I smiled. "So, what's first? Tap, lyrical jazz, ballet, pointe, hip hop, partner, or ballroom?"

"Pointe. I'm best at pointe." She said. .

We put on our pointe shoes and began with simple pointe exercises. After, we went to demi-pliés, then tendus, then pirouettes. She was actually really good! We spent a few more hours on simple dance steps.

"Mikel! My legs hurt and I'm exhausted." Mabel whined.

"Ponyo!" I mocked her. "Just do an arabesque and we'll be done for today."

"Okay, Sosuke." She mocked me mocking her.

We giggled and she did an arabesque. "Point your toes." I reminded her. "Get your leg higher."

When she finally got it just right I let her stop. She was all sweaty and her make up was smearing. I grabbed a damp cloth and wiped off her make up. She covered her face with a pillow. "I'm ugly without makeup." I moved the pillow from her face, "You're the most beautiful girl in the world." She blushed a deep red and looked away, "How? With my dead eyes, my abnoxiously long hair, my pale skin, or is it my fat body?"

When I called her the most beautiful girl in the world, I meant it. She wasn't traditionally beautiful but she had unorthodox beauty. Her eyes were always sparkling and were constantly changing colors. Her black hair reached her waist and was naturally curly but she straightened it. It was really thick and had layers that started like about an inch from her part. Her complexion was perfect. Her skin was milky white and it made her blush stand out. She was skinny but not too skinny. Every aspect of her was beautiful.

"You are beautiful. Okay?" I turned to her. She was fast asleep on the couch. I must've been thinking for a while. I kissed her forehead and covered her with a blanket. My phone started vibrating on the table. I grabbed it and walked into the kitchen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Mikel. It's Kaleb. I was wondering if you want to hang out with Kameron, Alexi, Anya, Joey, David, Adam, and I." Kaleb said.

I bit my lip nervously and looked over to where Mabel was sleeping. "I have someone over right now. She's gonna be staying with me for a while."

"Girlfriend?" He asked.

"No. No, she's 14. She ran away from abusive parents." I cleared my throat. "I'm giving her a place to stay."

"Well, we don't have to stay at your apartment." He said simply.

"I don't want to leave her alone. She's had a rough life and I don't know what she might do." I mumbled.

"So, we'll stay at your apartment and she can stay away from us if she wants." He told me like I was stupid.

"I don't think it's such a good idea." I said.

"What's not a good idea?" Mabel's voice came from behind me and made me jump. I turned around to see her wiping her eyes tiredly.