Prologue

The hot sun heated down Ragnar's forehead as sweat began to bead on his face, he has traveled far north from Kattegat

The hot sun heated down Ragnar's forehead as sweat began to bead on his face, he has traveled far north from Kattegat. It has still been years since he has been home but how could be return to his people to face his failure in Paris. Many of his people died that day and he couldn't stand the thought of him failing his people back at Kattegat.

The black horse he rode reached to a stop on the side of a small lake with streams of water running down creating small waterfalls. Yet there was something more interesting that caught his eye. A young woman sitting across from the small lake as she continued to untangle her slightly wet hair with her finger suggesting that she went swimming. She wore a large white tunic and black leather pants that were rolled up to her knees that gave her coverage for most of her body except her smooth legs that rested against the gray rocks.

She wasn't alone in the cool lake waters by herself but also with a younger boy that was hunting for fish with the spear in his hands as his eyes focused on water, not even noticing Ragnar watching them from the other side. Ragnar got off his horse and guided it to the water, the small splashes of water caught the two across the small lake noticing him with a blank expression.

Before he could even get a word out he was hit with an arrow that grazed his left shoulder breaking the cloth that was protecting his skin, he turned his attention to where it was shot and saw a young man with his hood up sitting on a low branch in the trees. 

"Don't even take a step closer to them." The Archer growled out at Ragnar who only smiled to the Archer in the tree.

"Seems you have missed." Ragnar said with a smirk as the Archer clenched his jaw in frustration.

Ragnar turned his attention back to the woman and the younger boy across the way and noticed that they have left the water, the young woman that was once only in damp clothes was now covered by a large black furs that made her look as if she was a black wolf. They carried two baskets filled with fresh fish that still continued to flop their way out. The young woman took notice of the bearded man across from them and she started to walk towards him.

"Stay back sister." The young boy said while grabbing onto her forearm in attempt to hold her back but she still continued walking. The Archer that was once in the tree came walking down and revealed his face that was being covered from his hood, his strawberry hair shined in the sunlight along with the young woman's blonde hair that looked as if it was kissed by the gods making it shine bright blonde.

"You two have grown very much since the last time I've seen." Ragnar said with a smile that made the young man in front of him crunch his eyebrows in question.

"How do you know us?" The Archer demanded as he took a small blade out from his side and gripped it hard behind him. Ragnar took a notice to his protective nature and took a step closer to his horse making the young man aware he knows about the blade.