Chapter Two

The traveling group approached the opening of the villa where it's people either worked or trained with each other. As the ragnarssons got closer in they smiled a bit at the simple kingdom and how their people trusted one another, Ivar crawled up closer and rested himself on ruins of stone. Accalia started to stare more at the cripple but with not disgust like he was used to but with interest.

"Never seen a cripple before princess?" Ivar spatted out not so generously to Accalia but she only got closer to him.

"You interest me not because you have twisted legs but what you're capable of." She said as she pointed at his forehead and she leaned her head to the left and observed him more.

Ivar pushed her hand away and looked away from her gaze but before a word could of been said the ground shock and the wave of heavy stomps were heard. Bjorn, Ubbe and Sigurd turned their attention to the high trees that looked as if heavy storms were stirring them but there wasn't wind. Hvitserk and Bjorn readied themselves by grabbing onto the handles of their axes but the people around them weren't in fright.

The air seemed to have left the lungs of the ragnarssons as they stared at the three giants that stood before them, Accalia walked past them and stood in front of the beasts. The giant with long matted black hair extended his arms down to Accalia slowly, Bjorn was ready to hand his axe in the tall figures eye but Raynor pulled his hand down.

"She's done this before and they are one of us, kill them and you start something you won't finish." He stated boldly to Bjorn as he lowered his axe down along with Hvitserk. The giant slowly picked up Accalia like she was a child in the giants arms.

"How long has it been since your hair has been brushed Garth?" She asked as she brushed her fingers through the tangles in the long black locks.

"Two moons." Garth said boldly yet in a quiet voice to himself, Ragnar smiled as he looked at the two other giants but they stared back with blank emotions.

"Your sister, how old is she?" Hvitserk asked Raynor and Bjorn was also curious about this as well.

"She will be eighteen in two days time, it will be a very exciting night." Raynor said as he stared at two maidens that gave him seductive looks.

"What will so exciting about her birthday for?"Ivar asked as they turned their attention to him, Raynor only smirked as he shaked his head.

"That I cannot tell you yet you must be there to see." He stated as he left the group and wondered to the maidens he was staring at. Ivar sighed frustrated but before he could even make a move he was scooped up by Garth, Ivar's eyes went wide as he turned his attention to the beast.

"What is he doing?" Ivar shouted more than a question as Accalia only laughed as he tried to get out of the giants grip.

"Don't be afraid Ivar he can only kill you with if I say so." Accalia said with a mischievous grin that made Ivar wasn't gulp in hesitation.

Ivar took notice of how high the giant stood as he was in his grasp, the villa and its people wore nothing more than black or the colors of the forest it was rare to his eye to see any white clothes. Then he stared back at Accalia with desire still staining his eyes, he never felt this feeling from someone before. Accalia gently touched Garth's face and started to stroke his check and a relaxed sigh lift his lips.

"The tangles in your hair are too painful. I'll fix them for you at the great hall." She spoke nearly above a whisper into the giants ear as Ivar watched with interest in her communication with the beast.

As the other giants walked forward so did Garth, the rest of ragnarssons that were on the ground still looked astonished as they saw the giants walk past them. Ragnar and Bodolf talked together but rather in hushed whispers that made Bjorn clench his jaw.