✏️In the pharmacy smelling waiting room, there are tons and thousands, millions of sick people. Well of course...it's a hospital. And I am one of them. My mother looks through some cooking magazines showing me all of the recipes she would like to make for me. I nod and ponder about why my mother would be so scared of this appointment.

Finally Doctor Schultz invites us inside. "Ms. Richards and Brooklyn?" He asks glancing at the papers and then at us. My mother and I both take a seat on the plain white chairs. They are hard as rock. This place needs remodeling too. Seriously who would want to be in this boring room?

"So we have the results from some of your blood tests Brooklyn. And I'm afraid it's not great news..." He

Says. My mother looks down instantly and I think I hear her sobbing. Doctor Schultz looks at us with kind-welcoming eyes. He sighs and then " I'm afraid your leukemia has gotten way worse since your last visit. The number of blood cells your organism produces is not enough. Im very sorry." By now my mother is crying. "What!? How?! I've done every treatment possible and took all of the medicine!" I say. "This can't be possible..." My head is full of every unnecessary thought right now. "Sometimes it's just about how a patients' body works and whether or not the organism recognizes the right medicine and treatments." Doctor Schultz says glancing at my mother. "What do we do now doctor?" My mother asks. " well we can double the medicine dosage and maybe more treatments per week. We can see how well that works for now. " he says.

✏️We pull in the driveway of the lake house. My mother is not speaking to me, but I'm not in the mood either. I rush to my bedroom. As soon as i close the door, I start crying.