5

Dean woke up from his nap and felt lighter than he had in years. Stretching, he yawned hard enough for his eyes to water before pulling his shirt back on and leaving the panic room in search of food.

He found Sam and Bobby in the kitchen eating scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and waffles with tall, steaming mugs of coffee. Sitting down, Dean piled his plate full of food and dug in with his usual gusto. Sam and Bobby watched him closely and traded looks when it appeared that the only change was that Dean appeared to have slept well for the first time in years.
________________________

Hadrian came back around noon to make them all some lunch that consisted of smoked ham sandwiches, toasted honey rolls, green beans and mashed potatoes.

They had just gathered in the den to let there food settle, Hadrian cleaning up in the kitchen, when there was a faint fluttering sound seconds before Castiel appeared out of thin air.

He looked around before zeroing in on Dean, his eyes narrowed before widening in shock and a little bit of awe.

"Cas?" Sam asks in uncertainty.

"Where is the one who did this?" Cas inquires, never taking his eyes off of Dean.

"Where is who that did what?" Sam asks, confused.

"The one that placed these sigils on Dean's soul. These sigils are very old. Ancient. Not even some of the angels can read them. Now, where are they?" He demands.

"Here."

Cas turned sharply to see...

251 words