Girl

Today is my first day of my new life at my new school and truth be told I'm very pessimistic about how this day is going to go. I'm probably gonna get lots of looks, (not the flattering kind, unfortunately) and it's gonna be sooooo awkward come lunch time. I walk up the stairs, (I counted in my head how many stairs there were to keep my mind off of how badly this day could go.) all 16 stairs, and reached the two glass doors that held all the things that could go wrong. Inside these two doors I am met by a dorky Eric and a surprisingly charming Jack. "Are you Cassandra?" Charming says. "I prefer Cassie, but yeah, I'm Cassandra." I can barely get any words out, forgot to mention how coMPLETELY UNSOCIABLE I AM. "Well, Cassie, welcome to Omaha High! Jack and I have been chosen to help you get acquainted to our school because we have mostly all of our classes together." Dorky bolts. "Basically, this is the boards way of forcing us to be friends with people we may or may not want to be friends with" Jack says in response to Eric. This has become so sooo awkward. The awkwardness continues until I say "Shall we go to class?" Jack turns around, annoyed. I walk behind Jack and Eric. I observe everyone. Everyone is so, limited to their own kind. There's really no contrast. Typical high school, just what I needed. Jack waves to a boy and says "sup Jack," and I'm confused. So I say, "Did you just--" "that's my best friend Jack, we have the same name." So that clears up like, everything. My Jack was a little blunt. I wonder what that jack is like. We arrive at our class, it's math. The class is full. Eric opens the door, I walk in first (ladies first, always.) and the ENTIRE class is staring at me. You can hear a girl whisper "whoa" like she had just seen a ghost. I'm really confused. Were they expecting me to be some muggle with Down syndrome or something? Was I bad-mouthed that bad? So they're staring at me, and I'm staring back at them. Until I slowly realize they aren't staring at me, they're staring PAST me. So I turn around to see who's standing behind me, it's the other Jack. I hadn't really paid attention to him in the hallway. But up close you can see him. Like, REALLY see him. He's very beautiful, actually kind of.....mesmerizing (to say the least). I'm facing him and I am literally two inches away from him and he reaches out his hand and hands me and small, note sized ripped piece of paper with his whole name and his phone number on it. I take it and he smirks at me. His name is Jack Gilinsky. THIS is MY story of how I fell in love with Jack Gilinsky.