I HATE THE DARK

My tail swayed back and forth with little twitches in between. My fur puffed up as the creature took steps towards me. It got down low to the ground teeth showing. It let out a low growl. I copied the creature, trying to look stronger then I actually was. The creatures paw slightly moved. It was going to jump. I looked left and right and without thinking I bounded off my paws and leaped over its massive body. It turned around getting ready to attack, but I was long gone, leaving the creature in the dust.
My paws started to ache as I ran. I was further away from home than I thought.
"I'm starting to think that this was a bad idea," I sighed, sitting on the forest floor with my tail wrapped around my legs. My nose twitched as I smelt something close by. A mouse? I stood up walking in the direction of the scent. Maybe a vole? The scent became stronger. I sniffed the ground, my stomach rumbling, I started to dig. At the bottom of the hole was a dead, half eaten rabbit.
"This must be someone's leftovers," I whispered to myself, looking left and right making sure 'that someone' wasn't close by. Looking back and forth one more time, I slowly bent down. Carefully placing the bottom part of my jaw underneath where the rabbits spinal cord connects to the skull, I quickly picked it up and ran. When I got far enough from the hole, I placed the rabbit down and spat out the dirt that got on my tongue.
"I'm not used to dirt, but this will have to do." I let out a huge sigh and slowly ate it, disgusted at the taste. The rabbit was chewy and a little gamy. The dirt didn't help. I swallowed, not happy but still satisfied with the quantity of the meal. I licked my lips and stood up to continue my journey.
As I walked forward I saw something dark moving through the trees. I back up, my hind left paw stepping on a stick. SNAP! I jumped, my fur puffing up and I let out a yelp.
"Oh geez, it's just my imagination! It is getting..." I paused, my ears flopping down.
"Dark..." My collar jingled as I ran behind a bush, shivering. BOOM! Thunder. Just my luck.
"I better find shelter..." I groaned, standing up and walking further into the woods, unaware of where I was going. Mud started to form as little water droplets hit the dirt. My fur started to soak. My whiskers and my ears drooped.
I stopped, " Footsteps..." I mumbled under my breath. I turned around slowly. I backed up. Could it be? No it couldn't. It was. The creature stared down at me with his cold white eyes. It jumped, licking its lips. I closed my eyes, going down low, bracing myself.
Everything went dark. Dark.... I hate the dark.