Part 3

This bit was a little challenging, so I hope you all still enjoy!
Again, thanks for all the reads, amazing comments and votes~

——

I was starting to hate that gold armor of his. I had seen it too much in these last few months. I held his golden helmet in my  light olive green hands. I almost wanted to just walk away with it. Maybe he wouldn't leave for this last second mission then.

"Didn't you just get back?" I sighed. We were standing in the armory as he equipped said armor. I had advised him to stay close as I felt our son would come soon. Though, he grew bored waiting and not doing anything.

"It's a small planet, I'll be back in two days time." He reassured.

"I need Proxima to stay. She's assisting me with training." I turned the helmet around in my hands as he finished putting on his vambracers.

"Gamora hasn't been here a month and you want to start her training?" He asked.

"Why caudel? I want her up to speed at Nebula's level in six months."

It wouldn't be easy. I would need to train her everyday but I couldn't let her fall behind. She had a glorious purpose now being one of my children.

"Ambitious." He smirked. I looked at my meteorite metal armor that hung on the wall still. I hadn't gone out on a mission with him in a long time. I began to crave the chaos of the peace we were giving the universe.

"Perhaps," I walked over closer to him.
"Proxima can stay and I'll go along." A smile grew on my lips as I spoke.

He held eye contact for a moment before speaking.

"And have Praxis where?"

He was right. He was always right. I sighed a little defeatedly.
"What if he comes while you're gone?"
I digressed.
He held his large lavender hand out for his helmet, which, I handed to him.
He had been there when we had taken custody of all our children.

"Then I'll meet him when I get home." He leaned down and kissed me softly.

"Be safe." I said softly against his lips then kissed him again.

———

I stood in front of my two young daughters.
"Training, useful for self defense and for contributing to our cause." I spoke evenly.

My eldest daughter stood beside me. She held a blade in his hand as the younger two also had blades.

"Gamora, today I want to see your best effort so we can place you and improve your skill in necessary time." She held my gaze.

"I don't want to fight." Her small voice was accompanied by a slight scowl.
"You'll watch your sisters, then you will part take." I took a few steps back, Gamora following me, and instructed the two to begin.

"I'll win this time." Nebula said as her brows furrowed.
"Doubtful." The elder responded immediately blocking a blow from the younger.

The blades clattered against each other at a few close calls. Proxima was my prodigy. She worked well in these past months helping with Nebula's training.

"This isn't fair." I looked down at the lime green girl beside me. She was clearly frustrated at this task. Corvus was the same way when he first began.
"She's bigger and has trained longer."

"Do you think all the foes you face will be at your same skill level?" I raised a brow as I spoke to her. My tone was a little sharp, though necessary. She didn't respond. Her glare turned to the fight that was still going on.

"Work on countering." I advised the young blue girl.

"I won't do this." Gamora growled out frustrated. My hand went under her chin and I made her look at me.
"You can..." I squeezed slightly.
"And you will."

The clattering of a dropped blade caught my attention.
"Four minutes, nine seconds." Proxima announced as she held the blade to the blue girls throat. Nebula was on the ground, relieved of her blade and her ego a little worse for wear, as it always was.

I clapped for her.
"Good job, you're improving." It was hard having someone come at your full force and having to see how long you would last. I didn't expect either of these girls to take anyone down quite yet, but to just get a real feel for all the twists and turns a physical fight can take.

"Little one, you're up."

The small girl drug her feet a little as she stomped forward. She stood in front of the horned woman and attempted to take a offensive stance.

Her form wasn't bad, I hoped her actions were better than her attitude. The blue girl stood beside me now. I caressed her cheek.
"You're father will be proud. You doubled your time."

The other two began fighting. As expected , Gamora's will to live was fueling her movements making her sloppy.

"Focus, Gamora." I instructed again.

Only a few more quick movements and she had managed to disarm Proxima.

"One minute, seventeen seconds." She smirked looking at her newest sister. As I thought, she did have a warriors spirit.

"I knew you could do it, little one."
She was panting.
"Can we be done?" She looked up at me.
"Yes." I took the blade from her hand and dropped it onto the ground and led her out of the training room.

She walked a few paces ahead of me. She would be a tough one to train. Perhaps Thanos should take over her training.

What was worrying was that Nebula had been training for years. Training hard for years. Gamora, who has been here less than two weeks had our performed her. Had made Nebula look like a fool.

That wouldn't do.