Chapter 4

I wake up to see Lexi fast asleep next to me. So peaceful, so gentile I try to move without waking her but then inevitable happens and she wakes from her sumber.

"Morning Lex" I say 

"Morning Four" she smiles 

"Lex can I tell you a secrect ?" I ask she nods with all enthusiasim

"My names not Four. It's Tobias you can call me that if you want" I smile

"Ok Tobias." she giggles at the utter weirdness of calling me something other than Four

"It's weird I'll just call you Four. So Four what am I doing today?" She asks.

I dont blame her for not wanting to call me Tobias I prefer Four there are two people I will respond to when they call me Tobias and that Tris and Lexi.

"Well Lex your going to get to go to school with the dauntless kids.I'll go to intelligence where I work and get you from school after that" I smile as she jumps up and down at the thought of school.

I'm guessing the orphans eeither dont do school or they have a weird perseption of what fun. If the second ones her reason it'll be soon changed by dauntless. I give her some of the dauntless clothes I found lying around near the pit and some shoes dauntless leadership gave me when I told them about her. The clothes are alittle big, but the boot fit her well. 

We walk out the door and this kid who lives not that far from me, Kyle I think his name was offer to walk with Lexi to school. As he is Lexi's age and as I presume in her class and I was late I let then go. But I saw something else in that Kyle kid. He looked at Lexi like I did Tris. Maybe Lexi's first day at Dauntless will be better than I thought. On my way back from Intelligence ( I finish alot earlier than Lexi finishes school ) I walk past Lexi's class to see how she's going low and behold there she is throwing knives at the targets and gettting bullseyes. I never thought I'd be so proud. The kids break for lunch and Lexi see's me and can't help but run over her teacher in tail.

"Hey Four" she says excitedly as she hugs me

"Hey Lex hows school going ?"

"Great !, the teachers are all nice and I love all the classes. After lunch we are playing capture the flag and going zip lining witch sounds fun. My least favourite part was sitting through all the classroom classes I like getting outside" She says with a smile. 

"Hey Four. Lexi we are going to lunch now go catch up to the class while I talk with Four" she walks off following some girls who had waited for her 

"Hey how are you doing Four ?" the teacher asks 

"I'm great but we are not here to talk about me hows Lexi doing ?"

"Great. Shes got many friends and is enjoying all our classes" 

"Thats good"

"It's just shes been hanging out with Kyle and he's a bit of trouble I try to keep then seperated if I were you but I'm guessing your dad genes will kick in soon and you'll handle it" She smiles letting out a little giggle casually 

"i'll keep my eye out. Thanks"

I walk home and wait till Lexi gets home.

*LEXI  COMES HOME FROM SCHOOL*

"Hey Dad.. Um Four" Lexi says as she walks in 

"Dad ?" I say alittle confused 

"Sorry"

"No need it's fine call me dad if you want"

"Ok" she walks over to the table and opens her books to do some homework while I sit and stare at Tris in a picture.

"Are you ok Dad?" she asks as I snap out of a day dream 

"Sorry how long was I staring?" I ask 

"About an hour" she smiles

"Ok sorry" 

"It's fine" She replies 

As I've been caught up in this I haven't relized Lexi never had parents