Part 13-The Dread Palace

Note: this part is pretty short, but the next chapters will be longer, I promise

Socrites's perspective

After a few minutes, the Dashade awoke. Kashera and Ashara seemed to have regained some of their strenghts and so we moved.

The palace was not hard to find, as it was next to the arena where we had fought Brontes. The doors, however, seemed blocked. Drellik then asked; "What now?" and I said: "Let me contact Trila. Maybe she can tell us something. I should also update her on the situation."

I then established a connection with the Republic camp and Trila told me: "Master Socrites? What's going on?" and I said: "The military installation have been taken out, along with Dread Master Brontes, but the others are in a nearby palace that's sealed tight. How are we stocked to get through?", but then I heard the voice of Dread Master Brontes shouting: "Fear!"

After that,  the connection was cut off while the ground started shaking and flames appeared all around us. And after them, all of the Dread Masters, not just those still alive but Brontes and Styrak as well. They pointed their hands at us and used their powers.

I don't know what the others saw, but the Masters showed me Corusant and every other planet I had ever seen burn and everyone on the moon that I met, Trila's, my and Kashera's team alike, die in pain.

For some reason, Kashera and I stopped having those visions and the Masters talked to us. They were angry, even though Bestia seemed angrier than the others.

Calphayus told us: "Our forces are lessened and death claimed two of us. But our union remains."

Bestia continued with: "We will corrupt all that is. You will be with us, but in the depths of your despair and degredation."

Styrak then said: "You will quake, writhing on the ground like bloodied newborns."

Raptus contiued with: "You will remember every childhood knot of anxiety. What if you're lost in a dark place? What if a stranger finds you?"

Brontes added: "You will see failure and humiliation. You will see your beloved burn, betray you and laugh because you are unworthy."

Tyrans then interrupted the others with: "Enough. The palace is open. Come." and then they disappeared, along with the flames and the quakes.

The others managed to return normal, but they were all shocked. They had probably seen their own fears.

Nadia was the first to talk: "My...I never felt anything like this." and then Ashara turned to us and asked: "I think I also heard the Masters talk but I couldn't understand what they said. Did you manage to?"

Kashera replied with: "The Masters know we are coming. I think this was to intimidate us. And...it seems it's not just Raptus, Bestia, Calphayus and Tyrans. There were Brontes and Styrak alongside them."

Everyone remained shocked by this new. Felix asked: "How is that possible?" and I replied: "Calphayus said that their "union" remained. Maybe they used it to summon the Force ghosts of the other two. Either that, or it's a trick to intimidate us."

Kashera said: "Either way, we've come too far to stop now. We must proceed.". And after that we entered the palace.

Once inside, we found stairs that lead to the upper levels. Our walk upstair was often interrupted by the last remnants of the Dread Guard who ambushed us, but we managed to make our way. Once at the half of the climb, we reached a room with some kind of ancient elevator at the center. Six corridors departing from there lead to as many rooms. Around the elevator, there were six pedestals that seemed supposed to house some kind of objects. Two of them were housing an Holocron each.

We approached the elevator to examine it.

Lieutenant Drellik observed: "It must be the way to where the Dread Masters are right now." and Kashera said: "But I don't see the elevator's mechanism around here."

I then said: "Maybe it's releated to these pedestals. If you look at the Holocrons, they don't look ancient. They must have been recently made." and Nadia observed: "The Dread Masters' own Holocrons." and I replied: "Exactly."

After that, I continued with: "If you look at the position of the pedestals, you'll notice that they are all right in front of one of the corridors. They must be leading to the chambers were the Holocrons are being held."

Felix commented: "Then we must split up. One group for each holocron." but Drellik objected: "The Masters prize their knowledge. If we split up we may not be ready for whatever is guarding them."

The two then started an argument about wheater we should split up or not. Untill Kashera interrupted them and said: "Enough. Both of you. We'll try this: we go together to one of the chambers and then, depending on what we find, we'll decide if we split up or not for the other three." and I said: "Agreed. We'll do it this way. Let's go."

The chamber at the top of the palace, third person's perspective

The four remaining Dread Masters were standing on their thrones. Tyrans said: "They are here." and then Raptus followed him with: "It is time then. You know what must be done." and Calphayus replied: "Yes." and Bestia added: "They will suffer as their minds crumble."

After that, their eyes glowed of a red light and they entered a trance, as their attack on the strike team began.