20.

I coughed a little as the dust filled the air. I had opened the windows in the room to help with this, but nope! There still was so much dust!

I yawned, my eyes closing involuntary... It was hard to stay awake with such... a... boring task...

"Geno!" 

My eyes snapped opened as I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist. 

"Geno, are you okay?" 

I looked up to see... Death looking down at me. His deep eyes were filled with worry as he held me closely... Did something bad happen again?

"Did I fall asleep on the ladder again?" I crumbled, rubbing my eyes, too tired to realize what I had said.

"Again? This happened before? How come you weren't falling? Why are you-"

"I fall asleep randomly... I heals me... And don't worry about it... I'm use it..." I struggled a bit in his arms.

The vampire sighed and floated to the ground. Sauve was there and had a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide.

"are you okay? You're-"

"I'm fine. Seriously, it takes a freaking demon child to just kill me... After three thousand times of me just killing them..." I hissed under my breath, looking away.

"Geno... I-" Encre started, but I cut him off with a small glare.

"I'm fine. I've had this problem since I... Since I had joined the old royal guard of my home. Trust me there is nothing that you can do. I'm perfectly capable of doing everything you need me to." I groaned out, frustration boiling in my blood. 

"No! You're too fragile! You need to rest!" The king tried, reaching his hand out to me. 

I stepped away from it, my anger rising... Where was this even coming from?

"I'm fine. I can handle my own. If I can take down hundreds of your subjects in only a few months of being here, with my condition, then I think I'm fine to do simply jobs." My breathing started to get heavy, my hand started to twitch. 

None of them noticed as they still started to show their concern and convince me other wise. My anger was boiling way to fucking high for this shit!

Movement from behind them caught my eye. It was a monster dressed in what seemed to a ninja outfit, or some tight, black suit. Whoever they were pulled out a small dagger and aimed it at the king. 

I teleported in from of him just seconds before the blade plunge into his back. It missed my soul by mere centimeters.

"Ḑ̶͗0̷̻̂ ̴̙͔̓̕ỳ̶̼Ȯ̶̺͎u̶͇͓̐̓ ̶̮͚͆̊W̷̮͉̾͘a̶̭͝N̴̼͐̊ẗ̸͎ ̸̱̫̋A̴̯̅ ̵̬̾͜b̸̪̩̎Á̷̹̖d̶̤̊̓ ̶̟͚͠T̵̫͝ḯ̷̗̱M̴̤̉̎e̸̥̎?̸̡̧̿" 

I let my eye flame as I blue their soul, dragging them out. I lifted them up and smiled a calm smile even then though I knew what they saw.

They saw my half melted eye with a burning hatred in the other. 

"State your fucking business, you asshole." I barked, closing my hand slightly.

The assassin cried out in pain as the blue tinted heart cracked slightly.

"I-I was o-ordered t-to kill t-the vampire k-king!" He whimpered, his eyes filled with fear. 

I raised my other hand and swiped the glitches back on. I wanted more than that.

"Tell me something that I don't know, you little shit." I hissed, baring my teeth. "Who hired you?"

"N-No one! I-I swear! I-I was just o-ordered to b-by my m-master!" 

I tsk at him, he was a wimp.

"Frisk can hold their cool better than you..." I mumbled loudly, dropping the sucker on the ground. "King Fallacy, do you want me to end this pathetic waste of space?" I grunted, glaring harshly at the monster. 

"No... Death, please put him into the dungeons... Geno, go and get yourself cleaned up." 

I looked down at the dagger still in my chest and wince. That was going to get me killed... 

I pulled it out and placed my hand over it to stop some of the blood... I guess I could take a nap in my room... Yeah, that would be nice...