Living in Kalos

Well, my story began way before the Pokemon School, the PS, as almost every student called it. I lived in the human region of Kalos, with my parents, both lucarios. There are many regions in this vast world, many populated by humans, but several are found to be human-less. I wish I lived in one of those. 

I lived happily with my family while being a riolu. Those times were one of the happiest of my entire life. I learned all that I needed for a living, but never anything for any kind of battle since my parents thought that no one as young as myself would ever need them. Only if they knew how wrong were they... 

My father was the one who collected the food for all of us. He went out early in the mornings searching for berries every single day, without any change in his routine. Since he went out early, he would come back early as well, so we had the whole afternoon to be together, the three of us. We played during all that time, throwing stones, hide and seek (where I was the only one who searched, since both my parents were incredibly good at it), and just walking through the woods we lived in, we ate, shared news, made-up stories, fables, and else. By the time night was over our heads, we usually had dinner at home, and everything we didn't eat at that moment, we kept it for the next day in the cupboard.

When the day finished, all the family went to sleep. I lived in a world of happiness, without anything to worry about, without battles. It was during the night when I discovered that my happy world was a fake scenario that my parents made up for me. Something different woke me up in the middle of the night. A feeling I never felt before, as if something grew inside me. Suddenly, I heard my father in the room alongside mine. 

"Aria, we have to move from here! This place is becoming dangerous! The capturers, the humans, are building a settlement to close from here, and a flabébé told me that a ralts was captured last week!" He sounded worried and that scared me. Anyways, what was a "capturer"? I never heard of them before in my whole life. But, there was something else that confused me. How they captured a ralts? Someone threw him to the air and somebody else catch him? Why that would worry my dad? 

"Honey, there's nothing to worry about." My mom answered. "Humans have been in the zone during generations, and every time they got close, with the use of your aura you scared all of them."  My mother sounded pretty confident about her words. This confused me even more, usually, my mother was the one worried about all, while my father was confident in all the scary situations he had been in. 

And yet again, new words in their conversation. What was an "aura"? A special ability or something like that my father had? I didn't have to be a genius to realize that I was hearing a conversation that I wasn't supposed to hear. 

"Calm down, those humans always captured one and another of us that were distracted sometimes." She tried to raise my father's mood, unsuccessfully. Even though I understood that I shouldn't hear that, my curiosity too big to not hear it. 

"Aria, seriously, this is different, more dangerous. The ralts was one of the last trapped! Before it was both a flabébé and a skitty!" Now it scared me, his voice was shaky after all his talk. He was truly scared. He was out of his mind. Why he was worrying? That horrible was being trapped by those,... Jumans? 

"What if, together, we drive those humans back to their settlement? Or if we find a psychic that may help us?" My mother didn't sound so confident this time. She was being influenced by my father too? Or being captured was really that shocking? 

"Well, yes, maybe finding psychic willing to help is a good idea..." My father's answer surprised me since he suddenly sounded less hopeless. Then his voice turned lower, as he talked. "Guess will have to stop talking 'bout this a short while. We have someone spying on us." I got tense in an instant, suddenly aware of the danger we were in. I heard Father's steps coming toward my room, and I understood who was the spy.