Light on the Past

You went to your home after hectic day at college. You directly went to your room and fell on the bed closing your eyes. Scenes of the past started playing inside your head. You quickly opened your eyes and tried to shrug the thoughts.

It was night time when you heard a knock at your door. You dragged yourself to open the door and it was your maid.

Maid:
"Dinner is ready."

You:
"I'm not hungry." You said annoyed.

Maid:
"Your father is also here." You got surprised because your father always tried to avoid you. You always thought that he hated your presence.

You:
"Why is he here?"

Maid:
"I don't know but he said he wanted to talk to you."

You:
"Ok. I'm coming."

You went to the dinner table unsure about what he has to say. He was sitting there and he definitely didn't bother to wait for you to eat together. You sat on the chair in front of him and didn't say anything.

Y/F:
"I wanted to talk to you about something." He didn't look towards you.

You:
"I'm listening."

Y/F:
"Your college is going to end soon and I have decided to marry you off after that." You got shocked and angry.

You:
"Why don't you just tell me to leave this damn house and you?" You yelled.

Y/F:
"Don't yell. I know you love him and you should be thankful that I'm allowing this." You got more confused.

You:
"Who are you talking about?"

                  ****************

Taehyung:
"How can you do this without even asking me?" He was angry at his father.

Mr Kim:
"I can't see you depressed anymore."

Taehyung:
"But this is not the solution. She will hate me more now." His father sighed.

Taehyung:
"How did you convince her father? As far as I know you both are not on good terms."

Mr Kim:
"I have my ways. You don't have to know about that."

Taehyung:
"You made it lot more worse." He was now concerned that you will think that he did this. He decided to call you but then he thought to talk to you in person.

              *****************

Your father left after telling you about Taehyung. He didn't even listen to you. You felt yourself crying.

Earlier meeting between your and Taehyung's Father.

Mr Kim:
"Thank you for coming. I wanted to talk about our children."

Y/F:
"What do you want to talk about them?"

Mr Kim:
"I understand our relation is bad but it should not affect our children's life. Don't you agree?"

Y/F:
"Speak clearly." Taehyung's father then told your father about your past relationship with Taehyung except cheating because he didn't know about that. He also told him that you broke up with Taehyung.

Y/F:
"She is wise then unlike her mother." Mr Kim could feel the bitterness in his words.

Mr Kim:
"Did you tell her about her mother? Is she doing this to Taehyung because of that?"

Y/F:
"I didn't tell her anything but did you just want to tell me about this?"

Mr Kim:
"No I want them to get married." Your father's expressions changed.