Chapter 2

Darkened and dried splatters of blood which were once red but had since dulled into a dark muddy colour painted the unnatural darkened stone walls. It blended into what was left of the unfavourable walls of the prison which no monster had ever escaped from. It loomed over Jimin like a sinister omen which sealed him away from light and forced him to live with his demons.

His rigid body slumped against the slab of the ice cold metal table which occupied the centre of the dingy prison cell. It stood proudly on four feet, dragging industrial chains from its sides which Jimin had been restrained by more times than his mind could bear to remember. Sweat stuck his dark hair against his forehead like glue; as it fought to keep his body cool from the vicious fever which plagued him every morning. He felt the heat of the prison cell and ran his calloused fingers against his forehead to brush away the perspiration. The constant heat tortured him far more than the guards of the prison, because he could feel the power of the sun as the building was lit up with warmth but the darkness of his cell blinded him from ever laying his eyes on the warm light.

His eyes wandered over to the small insignificant crack in the wall; a glimmer of light shone through, momentarily blinding him as he had not seen the natural light in months. He smiled the faintest of smiles but he was by no means made happy. He scratched at his back; wincing as he felt the long scabbing gashes which tainted his skin; it was what was left of his demon-like wings and a reminder that he was nothing more than a failed experiment.

"Jimin," a quiet and paranoid voice called from his left side and a soft hand moved his lengthy hair out of eyes with care; reminding him of his mother's comforting touch. He shut his eyes in despair because he knew she was not his real mother and he did not deserve to remember her as such. The hand which brushed his hair out of his eyes rested on his shoulder comfortingly and the kind gesture forced him to raise his head.

Jungkook smiled down at him, handing over a bottle of translucent liquid which had been infused with souls allowing for him to grow numb to the pain. Jungkook had bought them from Yoongi no doubt and Jimin's mouth rose slightly in one corner; reminiscing about his friend who had also lived his life serving nobles. Jimin nodded his head thankfully, knowing that Yoongi most likely raided Jin's collection of souls in order to keep him alive. He scoffed; detesting that they still cared for him despite the destruction he had caused.

"How is he?" Jimin muttered quietly. He held onto Jungkook's hands as he pleaded for an answer. His eyebrows furrowed as his mind thought of the worst answers which Jungkook could possibly give him. It had been months since he had pleaded guilty but he still heard little about his brother. Taehyung's last words plagued his sleep and haunted his mind because they reminded him of how he had not only nearly killed his younger brother but also that he had had no problems doing so because of his feeble jealousy.

Jungkook sighed, feigning frustration to bury his pity from showing. Jimin had repeatedly asked the same question as if he worried about his brother more than anything else.

"Taehyung has left the city, his estate was raided and no one was found," Jungkook spoke sympathetically while he slightly lowered his head to avoid Jimin's disappointed gaze.

"And Nari?" he muttered, angered that she had done nothing to visit him while he was locked away.

Jungkook hesitated as he glanced at the concrete flooring, "She is fine."

"She must be far happier than I am," he scoffed as he let go of Jungkook and clasped his hands together in frustration. "I was stupid to think she would stay with me."

"Jimin, it would never have lasted; as soon as her father found out you would have been killed, just like your mother was." Jungkook argued hoping to prevent Jimin from speaking any further.