Ch. 2

Alec's pov

The last week of summer break was gone pretty quickly, and my mom was here to wave me goodbye when I started walking to school.

"Goodbye sweetie! Don't forget to drink enough water!"

I smiled and waved at her and started walking to school.

I saw Jason walking past me.
He bumped my shoulder in the progress.

He looked back at me and laughed. "Watch where you're going"

I just let out a sigh.
I still don't know why he can't just drive to school, he's got a car.

When I arrived at my school, I noticed that there were already some people sitting at the usual spot where I spend my breaks.
They looked like freshmen, Oh well. Time to look for a new spot.

I observed the cafeteria. There was only one empty place left, but that was still really close to Jason.

I decided that I should just start walking to my classroom and wait for the day to start.
Our school has a weird meet up day on the first day of school, even though I still knew everyone from last year.
I guess it's nice.

I went to sit down and noticed Zach coming in. Is he going to be in my math class?

It didn't take long for the teacher to start forcing us to introduce ourselves, which made me pretty nervous because there were a few new people.

"My name's Allysha"
a girl with black hair, long bangs and heavy eyeliner in the row next to me said.
"I'm seventeen and like playing guitar"

A few more people introduced themselves.

"I'm Zachary, but call me Zach. I'm seventeen and I like to smoke"

He got a few annoyed looks. But it's my turn.

It hurt to speak, and my voice only came out hoarse.
"Alec" I quietly brought out. "I'm seventee-"

I couldn't finish my sentence, because some bratty new kid spat out "I can't hear you, speak louder"

To which I got even more nervous and shut my mouth. Please let this be over.

"Some people can't do that" the teacher said calmly. Great.
"Go on Alex"

I got a little annoyed at how she said my name wrong, but I didn't correct her.

"Uh, sixteen... like movies" I said, even more hoarse than before.

"You like to move?!" The same kid yelled.

"Shut up" Zach said. "God you're annoying"

He got a scolding from the teacher for that, but the class continued.
I hope he didn't think I was annoying.

When the class ended, Zach actually spoke to me.

"Dude don't let some kid demean you, it's cool that your voice is unique"

That made me smile. If only he knew.

He did walk away after that. He must be busy.

I left the classroom, curious about how the rest of the day was gonna be.