Lidewij and Peter

This plot twist was written by me.

Ever since his daughter died, Peter Van Houten had been utterly alone in the world. Lidewij was the only person who made efforts to bring him back into the world when he exiled himself to Amsterdam. She was the light in his dull, dark life. She gave him hope for himself. He was falling in love with her slowly.

Lidewij had been trying to get Peter to talk with fans for quite some time, but it wasn't until then that he decided to do so. He wanted to make her happy. Peter, with Lidewij's help, talked to his first fans in decades. Hazel Lancaster and Augustus Waters.

Peter was falling deeper and deeper in love with Lidewij every moment he spent with her. He was afraid. The only people he'd ever loved, his wife and daughter, had both left him. History was bound to repeat itself. His mind was plagued with thoughts of her. He could only get them to blur with the help of alcohol, which he had vast supplies of. But love drove him to crazy places. Peter had finally worked up the courage to ask Lidewij out on a date. Little did he know that she already had a boyfriend. 

After the rejection of the only person in years that he'd allowed himself to love, he fell into a deep depression filled with alcohol and self-loathing. He'd stopped corresponding with Augustus and Hazel and just moped for a while, immersing himself in nothing but the forgiving rhythms of Swedish hip hop. Lidewij tried to coax him out of his darkness but it was no use, he wasn't going to listen to her anyway.

Hazel and Augustus showed up weeks later. Their arrival was unexpected. He'd stopped talking to them weeks before and never did he ever invite them to his home. Lidewij had to be behind it. Hazel looked just like his daughter and her and Augustus were both so in love. It was like a slap in the face from both sides. His daughter was gone and so were his chances with love. And they had it all.