The meeting

As eighth hour ends I start to trek to my locker as someone grabs me by my waist making me squel. I turn seeing it's Sam I punch him in his well toned bicep.

"Owwwww. It's not very nice to punch people," he kids slightly punching me back. He knows what is today and I am glad he trying to get my mind off of it for a brief second. As we reach my locker I sigh knowing what lies ahead.

"Hey, cheer up please. You know it will be fine and before you know it you and your brother will be reunited in no time," he attempts to relax me.

"Yah, but there is also a good chance of only seeing him once a year or not at all."

"Stop focusing on the negatives," he grabs me trying to pull me in for a kiss but I turn my head. I can't do this, I shouldn't be happy when my brother isn't. I start to break down as I feel my cheeks become wet with my tears.

"How because throughout my life I have tried to focus on the positive and I always turns out for the worse."

"Well I know that you have a house, family, friends, and me I mean not all has gone bad."

"I know,"I whisper as I shut my locker and wrap my arms around him. I let go and he kisses me on the cheek as he walks me out to my car where Mandy waits for me. Sam opens the door for me like the gentleman he is. He and Mandy make there hellos before she starts the car. He gently kisses me good bye as we drive away waving good bye.

We get to the building as I let out another sigh before we head in. We walk in and go into one of the various meeting rooms. I thought that my brother would be here before but nope just my case worker. Mandy I sit down when the door opens when my brother and his foster mom come in. I immediately jump out of my chair to embrace him in a hug.

"Sissy!"

"Hey Robbie. How is my favorite brother? "

"Good because I get to see you!" I love how excited he is and hope seeing isn't just temporary. Robbie and I walk over and sit as he shows me some drawings that he made for me. But as soon as he shows me the third one we have to start the meeting and Robbie and I both begin to settle.

"Okay we are here to talk about the custody of Robbie Williams and Capri Williams." she starts off on all of the laws and already Robbie has gotten bored. Even though he is 12 he still doesn't know how much this thing means. As I keep listening I can't but bite on my already short fingernails. 

"Well my husband and I and also Capri's and Robbie's social workers and we would like to adopt them," Mandy says to the judge in pure confidence. I hug her after finishing her statement tears of joy already coming down. But I hope the judge approves.

"Well according to a the circumstances and your information."the judge pauses," I allow the adoption of the two." she states and I couldn't be more happier.  Mandy hugs us both and right then it felt like we were a family. We sat because this is when the legal stuff happens and just is a blur after that because I was too excited.

So inclusion to this meeting Robbie and I will finally be reunited.  But he has to go back to his foster house to get his stuff so he will be here tomorrow night. It could probably be at least a month till we are finally adopted as a true family.

It was 4:45 when we got out.  Robbie and I hugged and then I had to pinky promise him that I will see him tomorrow because if not there would be a major fit from him. I practically skipped to the car. I mean this is probably the best thing that has happened to me in awhile. As we started the drive back to the house I had to text Sam to tell him the good news. I mean he was right I really shouldn't of dwelled on the bad but I couldn't help it due to my past.

We finally got home and my stomach was starving. I am glad that Bill knows how to cook because right when i enter the house the scent of lasagna wafts through the house. I give him a hug and skip/run up to my room to set my bag down. I come back down to dining room beginning to set the table and then take seat at our table that seats 4 and can't wait for Robbie to be sitting there tomorrow. Bill brings in the steaming lasagna while Mandy balances a bowl of salad in one hand and a thing or cresent rolls. We start to dig in with the usual laughter and this is probably one of the greatest nights of my life.

As I headed to bed and decided to call Sam.And I thought he might want me to tell him he was right.

       *Phones rings*

"Hey its Sam,  you know what to do,"

         *Beeeeeep*

"Hey babe I am guessing your asleep but, I just wanted to say you were right lol. And not only are Robbie and I going to be together but we are going to be ADOPTED!!!!!! Sleep well love you bye, talk to you tomorrow. And thanks because you have been one of the contributors to my happiness. "

I hung up the phone ready to go to bed. As I turned off my lights I saw that Sam's mom was calling being it's 10 at night I thought I could be important.

"Hi Mrs.Elery, is everything okay?" I couldn't be so sure that everything was because I heard her crying on the other line.

"Um no not actual dear. Um I know it's late but Sam has gotten into a car accident and is in critical condition. I have his phone and saw your voicemail thinking you should know."

     Right then I knew this day couldn't be to good to be true. I told her I would be there and I hung up and put on some shoes and grabbed my stuff. I ran into Mandy and Bill's room already in tears. I could barely tell them that I was going to use Mandy's and go to the hospital. They both drowsily nodded and then I was headed to the guy that has helped me through the worse and I will need to do it with him too.