did she just?... bloody hell

Newts POV

I was at the bonfire, sat with Thomas as usual. I looked up and saw Y/N laughing with Gally, Minho and Ably. I sighed. "You alright" Thomas asked. "I guess" I mumbled. "You like her?" He asked kindly. I looked at him and then looked at the floor. "No, I love her. I bloody love her, but I'm terrified that she doesn't feel the same. I mean who'd love a boy with a limp. And she's perfect in every way." I admitted.

Your POV

I had walked quietly over to Newt, just in time to hear him talking. "You like her?" Thomas had asked. He looked at me, winked and looked back at Newt. "No" Newt said sadly. I felt horrible because I'd always loved everything about him. His soft hair, beautiful voice and his eyes. I found myself getting lost in them whenever we spoke. "I love her." He continued. My heart skipped in my chest. "I bloody love her, but I'm terrified that she doesn't feel the same. I mean who'd love a boy with a limp. And she's perfect in every way." I saw him sadly look down. I stepped closer and pressed a kiss on his cheek. He instantly froze and blushed. "Bye Thomas" I waved as I ran off to talk to Minho again.

Newts POV

I felt something on my cheek, I looked up to see "Y/N standing over me. She waved goodbye to Thomas and me then ran off to Minho again. I was probably bright red. "Did she just?..." I asked. Thomas took a sip of his drink: "yep" he nodded. "So she heard me say that" I rambled, "yep" "bloody hell" I breathed. Thomas smiled. I looked back at her. "Go talk to her then" Thomas hit my shoulder. "No, I couldn't" I insisted. "Go on, she kissed you, you can at least start a conversation" He joked as he pushed me again. I took a deep breath and walked towards her. "Hey Y/N, can you come and walk with me for a minute?" I asked. "Sure" she smiled and said goodbye to the other boys. "Did you mean what you said?" She asked me. 'Oh god' I thought. "Yeah , I did." I admitted. She then smiled. God I loved that smile. It was enough to make me feel weak inside. "Did you mean the kiss then?" I asked. "Close your eyes and find out" she giggled. I slowly closed my eyes and heard her step closer. I felt her soft hand on my cheek and her thumb stroking my lower lip once. Then I felt her press her lips on mine. She was slow and soft. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she snaked her fingers through my hair. Our lips moved against each other in perfect sincerely. I had been dreaming of this for so long and it was beyond perfect. We slowly pulled away and I could see half of her face illuminated by the orange amber's of the fire. "I love you too" she whispered. It felt so surreal. She actually liked me. "Limp and all" she added as she leaned in again. Our lips met again and my arms held her hips tightly, never wanting her to stop. It was the best bonfire ever. And the best kiss.