Chapter Four

Chapter four

   After I had successfully gotten away from Harry, I took a short-cut home on foot. I didn't bother ringing anyone and asking for a ride home because I was still trying to let what Harry had told me sink in. I don't want my first born to be a drunken mistake. That's if I am pregnant.

   For the first time in my high school career, I was scared and I never get scared. Like, never. I was afraid, afraid that if I was pregnant my baby would have no father to look up to.

   Before I went home, I took a small detour and stopped at a small Petrol station and bought two pregnancy tests. The look that the old lady at the cashier gave me, was nothing but disgust. I flipped her off and walked the rest of the way home laughing at her shocked face.

   I was now home, sitting patiently on my bed waiting for the results. If someone would happen to walk in on me in this exact moment, they would probably - most likely, think I am mentally disabled. I probably look all calm and relaxed, but I'm internally freaking out right now. I don't know what to think, I don't know what I will do if the test results show positive.

   I am seventeen years old, and may be pregnant. Mother, please don't put me on one of those teen shows. I think I would die of embarrassment before giving birth.

   Oh, my god. Calm the hell down Amura. There is a fifty percent chance you might not be pregnant!

   Taking a long, deep breath. I glance at the clock on the wall. The test said to wait ten minutes. It has been twenty minutes.

   Deep breaths, Amura, deep breaths. You can do this.

   I feel like I am about to do this really challenging marathon the way I am trying to calm myself down. Only I am finding out if I am pregnant or not, not preparing to run a massive marathon.

   I slowly inch towards the door, as if trying not to make a single noise. I reach for the door-knob slowly, breathing heavily. "Are you alright?"

   I screamed so loud, I think my voice might disappear soon.

   "Fuck! What the hell?!" I yell. Swirling around, I see Harry leaning on the door with a lopsided grin on his lips. It would bring all the happiness in the world to me if I was able to punch that stupid grin off his perfectly-shaped face.

   "Are you preggo?" Harry blurted. I roll my eyes at him and open the bathroom door, locking it behind me.

   It felt like I was about to vomit up a pile of rocks, my hands were shaking and my breathing was uneven.

   Positive.

   That was what both pregnancy tests read. Positive.

                                                                -.-.-.-.-.-

   "What are you going to do?" Harry whispers from across the room. Ever since I told him it had read positive, he barely spoke a word, until now.

   "What do you mean? I'm going to keep her, you dumb ass." No way was I taking the abortion option, seventeen or not. I don't care if this ruins my future, I am not going to murder my baby.

   "How do you know?" His eyebrows were knitted in confusion, his fingertips grazing his chin lightly.

   "How do I know what?" What does he mean? This boy confuses the hell out of sometimes.

    "How do you know if it's a girl? It could be a boy for all we know."

   He was right. I didn't know. I just have this crazy feeling inside me that my baby will be a girl. Strange, right? "I just do, I guess. I mean, I could be wrong. But, I don't know, it just feels right."