Chapter 3: Hospital Stay

(Marshall's POV)

I can't help but feel this is partially my fault. It is. I left her alone, knowing she already had depression, but I never thought it'd get this bad.

I sigh and walk to Gumball after some doctors took Fionna back into a room. "Gummy, she needs help. She isn't willing to get better herself. She's going to die, you need to do feeding tubes. Please Gumball, it's the only way for her to get healthy again. I'll watch her and feed her. Whatever it takes."

"Well, if she's on feeding tubes she'll need to be here. We don't go to feeding tubes unless she was on her deathbed."

"It will be her deathbed if she doesn't get help!"

"I know. We're working on stats. Her weight, height, what she should weigh, what she needs to consume.." He sighs. "If she refuses we'll put her on feeding tubes." I nod and sigh. "When can I see her?"

"Whenever she wakes up." I nod again.

I move out to the waiting room. I sit in a chair, watching the hours tick by. Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up the next day to Gumball's annoying familiar face. I groaned. "What?"

"Fionna is awake, she wants to see you."

"Oh!" I jump up and go back to her room, as quick as I can move. "Fionna!" I smile. "Thank GLOB you're alright."

"Yeah." She shrugs. "I wish I could be okay, but it isn't that simp--" I cut her off with a kiss. "You will be. Trust me, Fi." I saw her face turn a deep red. "Your face is a delicious shade of red." I wink, jokingly. "Oh, thanks." She teases.

(Fionna's POV)

I woke up in a hospital, and now I'm stuck her until I'm healthy. Shit. All my hard work.

I have no blades, I have no pills, I can't starve.

Work out until you pass out. That could work, or maybe I'll get healthy, go home, and lose all the weight again. Yeah, that sounds good.

"How are you feeling?" I'm asked, suddenly. "Oh, I guess I'm okay.." I sigh. "I could be better though." I add. Marshall sighs. "I'm here for you Fionna, and I know you don't want to recover, but it's better for you, maybe you'll realize what you're worth." He gives me a crooked smile and I can't help but smile back. Boy, I missed that smile. I hope maybe he missed mine.

Doubt it. Who could miss MY ugly face, ugly smile, messed up teeth, fat body--

"Fionna?" I hear a voice, which breaks my thought. Thank god, that crap gets annoying. "Yeah Marshall?"

"Oh nothing, but I can tell when you're overthinking or something is bothering you."

"Oh." I smile. "Thanks, sometimes it's too much."

"No problem, Fi. You know, you look really beautiful." He smiles at me.

"Marshall, I love you. I've been meaning to tell you since the night you dissappeared. I'm sorry I didn--" He kisses me before I finish my sentence. I kiss him back, closing my eyes.