Chapter 3

I woke up to my phone ringing. I squinted my eyes and looked at the bright screen.
"Hey Kiara, lets talk ASAP. Meet @Park  @11😡".
It was a text from Dana, I'm guessing it's serious. I sighed and sunk my head back onto my pillow. My phone buzzes again.
"See me after Calculus~".
A text from Ejji? Wow... He might wanna rant about how dumb I am. I rolled out of bed and started to get ready for my morning classes. I gazed at the clock and it's about 10 am. Ahh good timing, I brewed some coffee and listened to some music to wake myself up a little more.
•••
It's about 10:45 now, I grab my bags and left my dorm room making way to the park. I spot Dana standing on the walkway with her arms crossed and her lips poked out.
"What's up Dana",
She didn't respond, I walked closer to her.
"Stay away from Rudy, he's mine",
I'm appalled, why would she say that? I fucking hate Rudy, why would I want him?
"What are you talking about-".
"He told me that you were all up on him yesterday flirting with him".
"I-I would never do that, you know that I hate him!",
She rolled her eyes and smacked her teeth.
"I want to believe you, but Rudy-",
"Rudy what, you would rather believe him over a person you've known literally you're whole life, ok-", I walked off before I could see her reaction.

***
The day goes on and I attend to my classes. Look at the time it's the time of the day where I make my way to the cursed class Calculus. I internally cry. Apparently Ive gotten so good in this class I'm ranked number two.. We all know who's number one... Class ends and I walk past Ejji who was in the front row. I felt a strong hand grab my arm. I turned around and Ejji is pulling me near. I sat down next to him shaking my head. I hear some girls gasp, I mean Ejji isn't all that Y'all.  I look at him and he's staring at my wrist cautiously.

"What do you want Ejji", I gazed at him.

He pulls my hand over to him, I oddly let him. He pulls out an ointment and gently rubs it on my bruised wrist, his warm gentle fingers move in circular motions which were kinda soothing. I looked at him and he was so focused, he looked handsome. Not paying attention, we both made eye contact for a good 3 seconds before I snatched my arm away.

"Uh, thanks-", I said very confusedly.

"Who did that", he said without even looking at me

"Like I said, it's none of your business". I looked at him and then stood up.
"Whatever", he utters.
I exit the room and I get a text on my phone it's from Dana.

"Can we please talk, I'm sorry 🙁".

I glanced at the message hesitating to answer. Ejji interrupts the moment by bumping past me, I sigh and he turns and looks at me.

He literally towers over me, he licks his lips and then continues walking

He literally towers over me, he licks his lips and then continues walking. I smile kinda then noticed he throws up his hand. I waved a little too much before realizing he can't see me because his back is turned. I feel so dumb.

I looked back down at my phone and texted Dana and told her to meet me at the park across the street from my dorm.
I start to make my way there, taking in the beauty of nature, the weather isn't actually that bad today. It's not too hot nor too cold. The setting sun and all the beautiful tones in the sky seemed to calm me, I felt free in the moment. I get to the park and see Dana and her Boyfriend . My stomach turns every time I see this chum. They were both sitting on the bench, I decided to stand.