Part 20

The eyes of the LORD
are in every place, keeping
watch over the Evil and the good
Proverbs 15:3

Arimel moved swiftly towards Kuna mountain, his invisible frame, shielded by a very dark cloud, difficult for the enemy to detect.

He was the answer from the FATHER to the lad's simple prayer.

Finally, his delayed assignment from the time Zebu had been born was about to be set in motion. The souls awaiting the boy's ministry, would not wait in vain any longer.

Together, their work on the earth was about to begin. But first, they had to vanquish this enemy for good.

Within minutes, the angel was in the cave, shrouded in the dark silhouette of his surroundings. It was time to place everyone in a deep sleep,..except the lad.

Arimel knew he had to move fast less he be discovered. The aura of evil was strong here and Ethjab's minions had eyes everywhere on the mountain.
========

Zebu couldn't believe it. He had escaped with Lila mounted on his back. The child was fast asleep, hardly stirring.

It was a miracle he had gotten this far down the mountain without being detected.

Something was very odd here, ..yet right all the same.

An hour ago, It was as if something or someone, had tapped him lightly on the shoulder , waking him up from his slumber.

Without hesitation, he had crept silently to where the little girl slept and with the red wrapper that was used to cover her, had strapped her to his back.

As he descended,he could think of nothing else but getting safely to the old Community church in Darinwa town.
It would surely take him another hour or two to get there, but he was determined. His biggest reason slept soundly on his back.

He was almost half way down the mountain when he heard Saluu shouting his name from a distance . Zebu looked above him and noticed a small distinct figure almost a hundred yards above , moving with great strength and agility down and towards him. It looked like a gorilla jumping on all four limbs.

The lad knew the demon had given the old man back his youth, ..and much more.

While a captive of the high priest, Zebu had seen Saluu test his powers by moving huge boulders of rocks by just a wave of his hand. He made lightning and thunder strike without any storm or rainfall, and all kinds of things.

   It was like an unending bag of magic tricks.

A week back, right before Zebu's eyes, the high priest had shape-shifted into a middle aged woman, wearing a nurse's uniform, while two hoodlums had been left to guard him.

The next day by noon, the high priest brought in a young boy of about five years, who lay  unconscious in his arms.
The innocent child had been offered to the demon as a sacrifice. The second victim.

Zebu remembered the part he had played during the ceremonies.

But not again. Lila was not going to die by his hands or anyone's hands for that matter.
=========

Saluu is but sixty yards away from the lad now. He leaps on all fours unto a sharp rocky ledge and glances down, but sees nothing. He notices a thick fog has formed mid way down the mountain.

     A fog in November!,..something is amiss here

He Stands up straight, spreads his arms out and whispers an incantation under his breath. Minutes later, he dives off the ridge, plunging head first into the thick fog below.