Chapter 5 The Awakening

Hey, guys here is chapter 5 of I am the Alpha Rogue.

I hope you guys enjoy :)

...................................................................................

As I made my way back to my house, my phone rang. It was Sam, his voice frantic and rushed.

"Hello, Sam. What's going on?" I asked.

"Alpha, she ran away! I didn't know she would be this attached to the child!" he blurted out in a panic.

"Sam, take a breath and tell me slowly what's wrong," I said, trying to calm him down.

Taking a deep breath, he began again. "My daughter, Luna, she ran away when I told her I couldn't help her friend. She said she would do something herself and ran out the door. We tried to follow her, but she ran right into hunter territory," he sobbed.

"Sam, you need to get a hold of yourself. I know it's hard, but you need to be strong for her," I said, trying to comfort him. "Don't worry. I will find Luna and bring her back safe and sound." I handed the phone to Marrie, who continued to calm Sam and his wife down.

"Boys, we need to head into hunter territory. I don't want to risk your lives, so if any of you don't feel comfortable going, that's fine," I said, looking at the group of warriors standing before me.

They exchanged glances before nodding in unison. "Alpha, if you're willing to risk your life for us, then we are willing to risk ours for you," said one of them, and I smiled at their loyalty.

"Marrie and Jon, I need you two to head back to Darek's pack and retrieve the rogues. If something goes wrong, use the signal," I said, nodding towards the flare gun.

"Everyone else, follow me. We need to teach some hunters a lesson never to mess with us," I said, jumping into the air and shifting into my wolf form.

No man's land is divided into different parts, some inhabited by rogues and others by hunters. We entered hunter territory, and as we ventured deeper, I noticed a ribbon that belonged to Luna. I nodded to one of my trackers to see if they could pick up her scent.

While all werewolves have heightened senses, I live with a dark secret. I can transform into my wolf, but her spirit is not there. I cannot feel her, which is why I lack the fully enhanced senses of most wolves. The only person who knows my secret is Marrie. If others found out, they might consider me weak and attack us.

A gunshot jolted me out of my thoughts. We burst into a clearing where Luna was on the ground, and a masked man was holding her hair. Another masked figure with piercing grey eyes stood next to him, his gaze fixed on me.

Tears streamed down Luna's face. Rage engulfed me, and I saw red. I charged at the man, knocking him to the ground. Alice, one of my warriors, lunged at the other man, kicking him in the gut and toppling him over. The hunter holding Luna dropped his gun as he fell.

I pounced on him, snarling in his face. Before he could reach for his gun, I growled, tearing off his mask with my teeth. His face was scarred, and his teeth were black. Taking advantage of the moment, he shoved me off and grabbed the gun, aiming it at Luna. Without thinking, I leaped in front of her, taking the bullet.

Pain shot through my body, and I collapsed, panting. The wound was deep and close to a vital spot, but I forced myself to stand and lunged at him again, knocking the gun away and making him fall.

As I started to lose consciousness, I caught a glimpse of the man with grey eyes, shock evident on his face. Two of my pack members restrained the hunters, and the rest rushed to my side. Their voices were faint, talking about the severity of my wound, but darkness soon consumed me.