Solstice Lane Chapter #1

The girl stood in the same door way she had ten years ago looking out into the sunlit living room. The furniture was tattered and old the paint on the walls faded.

"Solstice where are you?" A voice, distinctively male called.

The girl turned back and walked into the kitchen. She was tall and slim dressed in black. She looked around the kitchen, her odd violet eyes gleamed. The girl's brown hair fell past her shoulders and down to the small of her back. You could see a scar started at her jaw line and continued down her neck to be hidden under a black t-shirt.

"Right here Matt" she said. The girl's voice was cold. Her violet eyes were soft and kind, but her voice betrayed the kindness shown in them.

The tall male turned to face her with a small smile. Matt was at least twenty years older than the girl he had referred to as Solstice. His face was creased with age his blue eyes pale and kind.

"There's my girl." He smiled pulling her into a hug then letting her go.

"I've got to leave to collect supplies and get some food" he said his voice soft and happy despite their circumstances.

"You know it's not safe out there and your not in good enough condition to escape them" she said worry and coldness in her voice her eyes flickered with concern.

"Solstice I have to or we will die." The man said in a stern tone but she shook her head.

"I'm going your not." Her voice was stern and cold. Her eyes were dark and serious.

"Solstice you can't g..." But he was cut off by the loud slam of the front door as she walked out.

"You can tell me how to live my life." She hissed under her breath. Her temper had gotten the best of her and she wasn't turning back.

Solstice continued down the cracked and grimy street her black boots thumped on the old pavement.

Her anger made her oblivious to the danger around her until she heard the sickening sound.

"Thump"

"Thump"

"Thump"

"Sssssss"

She whipped around gasping at the gruesome sight. A man stood ten paces away his body half human half lizard. His face scaled a forked tongue darted between his cracked mutant lips.

Solstice stood still her violet eyes filled with horror. She took a step back but the creature was upon her pinning her to the ground it's deadly fangs dangerously close to her throat.

Solstice shook her head a soft whimper escaped her lips. Her body was still and the creature hissed at her whimper.

She noticed as the creature looked at her confusion flashed through his yellow eyes and he pulled back a bit.

She took the advantage and Solstice did the unthinkable.

She punched the monster right in the nose.

Like it so far? Comment what you think