iii. the september foundation

"Oh hey kids!" Aunt May greeted with the biggest smile, noticing their arrival.

"Oh, Mr. And Ms. Parker." Tony greeted, noticing the twins' arrival as well.

"Hey, I-I'm Peter." Peter stuttered, obviously taken aback by the sudden appearance of the billionaire superhero sitting on their coach.

"Uh.. I'm Persephone, Percy for short." Persephone added, also surprised by the familiar face of one of Earth's mightiest heroes.

"Tony." Mr. Stark said as they exchanged names.

"What're you-what are you doing here?" Peter asked to the superhero who is now eating his aunt's meatloaf.

"It's about time we met." Tony answered as Aunt May mouthed something to Percy in the background. "You've been getting my emails, right?" He asked to the still confused teenage boy.

"Yeah. Yeah. Regarding the-" Peter replied, playing along.

"You didn't tell me about the grant." May finally spoke, clearly disappointed that Peter has been keeping secrets from him.

"The September Foundation. Remember when you applied?" Tony asked.

"Yeah." Peter said, still very confused but decided to play along with the billionaire.

"I approve. So now, we're in business." Tony finalized which stopped the kid from stuttering.

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You're keeping secrets from me now?" Percy asked, clearly offended that his brother was keeping secrets from him as well

"Well I just know how much you guys love suprises so I thought I'd let you know..... Anyways, what did I apply for, again?" Peter lied, failing miserably.

"That's what I'm here to hash out." Tony lied convincingly. "Can I have five minutes with him?" He asked, looking at Percy and May for permission.

"Sure." May approved as Percy nodded, still convinced that the two aren't telling the truth.

As Peter and Tony entered the twins' shared room, Percy quickly ran for the door.

"Where are you going?" Aunt May asked her niece.

"I'm just gonna go hang out with MJ."
She lied.

"Be back for dinner." Aunt May told her before proceeding to her unattended dishes.

-

Tony locked the door, ready to give the kid a serious offer.

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety." Tony showed his phone to Peter containing a video of Spider-Man saving Queens from it's usual chaos. "That's you, right?"

"Uh.. No. What're you-" Peter lied, failing once more.

"Look at you go." Tony said, ignoring him. They continued watching as Spider-Man stopped a car from hitting a bus filled with passengers. "Nice catch, 3000 pounds, 40 miles an hour. That's not easy. You got mad skills, kid." He said, very impressed by the boy's alter ego.

"That's all on YouTube though, right? Cause you know that's all fake, it's all done on a computer." Peter lied again. Trying to protect his secret identity from the superhero himself.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like those UFOs in Phoenix." The billionaire said nonchalantly, while opening the loft above the room, revealing the web slinger's suit.

"Oh fork!" A voice interrupted, from outside the window. All eyes now focused on the source of the voice.

"Who was that?" Tony asked.

"My sister."

And there she was, sitting, Indian style, in midair. Her eyes had lost it's color, showing nothing but the color white.