Chapter XXV

I took in a deep breath and slow stedy steps towards him. He quickly pushed the table with his food to the side and sat up straight

"Haeju, I'm fine, I swear..." he mumbled clearing his throat

"Can you even imagine how it felt?! To know that I was hours away and you were here in a hospital bed?! No one telling me a thing! Having to discover it through what? A fan?!" I shouted uncrossing my arms

"I'm sorry.. I.. I didn't want to worry you"

"Jackson Wang! You do not get to choose like that! You got me even more worried!!" I yelled

He bit his lip and reached from my hand "Haeju.. please don't be mad.. please please.." he whined putting his hand on his chest "You're going to make me worse" he joked but I was really not having it

"Ashhh.. idiot" I said snapping my hand away from him "I am mad and there's nothing you can do about it"

His expression changed "You know... Normally when their significant other is in a hospital bed, they get love.. Really! It's in the movies!" He smirked grabbing my hand again "I missed you.."

I hit his head and walked away from the bed "Idiot! Stop joking about something important! I was worried sick that something was going to happen" I shouted now feeling the tears spill out of my eyes without a warning "I was afraid I would never talk to you again! That yo-"

He pulled my arm strongly making me stumble and fall on top of the bed where he was. He grabbed my head and squeezed my body agains his chest "I'm fine. It was never a big thing to begin with" he said in a deep serious voice "Stop worrying"

I hit his shoulder while sniffing "Doesn't work like that"

He kissed my head and squeezed me even tighter "Everything is fine. I'm fine. I have many more years I want to share with you. I would never go like this okay? Stop making a big deal out of what happened babe"

I nodded and pulled away from him to finally kiss his lips after such a long time apart. He bit my lip making me giggle softly and brought his hand to my hair teasing me

"I still can't believe you took a plane to Hong Kong! It really wasn't that big of a deal!" He mumbled while we hugged each other

"I was so worried about you!.. I told you to take it easy and you didn't listen to me!"

He chuckled and pulled away grabbing my hand and kissing it "Well.. I was on the phone with PD-nim and he basically told me that I should take a break for a while.. I told him that I shouldn't participate on the Japanese comeback and he agreed so instead I'm going to take that opportunity with the chinese kids show, do you remember ab-"

"Yeah.. I know"

"I mean.. it will be just like Return of Superman so it can't be hard.. right?"

I smiled feeling really pleased about it "It's a great idea.. plus, your fans will love it!"

He chuckled and smirked "The fans will love it, or you will love it?" He teased making me roll my eyes "Don't give me that look! I see the looks you gave me when I was with Aimee"

I hit his arm and crossed my arms "Stop being a jackass"

"Well my name is Jackson.. so.."

I smile sarcastically and tilt my head "Aww.. fitting"

He chuckled and pulled my hand while patting the side of the bed as he scooted closer. I sat down sighing and rubbed my eyes

"You're tired?.."

I nodded and he pulled me by the shoulders "Come on lay down.."

My head hit his shoulder and I moved my leg up on top of the bed so I could be more comfortable, always keeping my foot out so I wouldn't get it all dirty.

"I can't miss classes tomorrow.." I mumbled while closing my eyes

"I'll tell Mark to book another flight.. I'll pay for it.."

"But I want to stay too.. You know I'll only get more and more worried about you"

He chuckled intertwining our fingers "I'm fine Haeju.. and I promise I'll text you every day and call you.."

"Everyday?.."

"Yes, I'll make sure it's right after your shift"

I quickly stood up with eyes wide open "Holy fuck!.. my shift!!"

Jackson stood up straight as well and stared at me with wide eyes "What about it? What's wrong?"

I cursed under my breath and rubbed my face with my hands.. I was fucked.. if Hyunji or Ji Ah say anything to anyone, we're royally screwed.. Jackson's career would be in the line.. how can I tell him that?.. fuck..

I stood up and walked over to my purse to get my phone. 3 text messages..

"Haeju, what is going on?!"

I took a deep breath and looked up at him again "Promise me you won't get mad.."

His face comtorted and he rolled his eyes as if he knew he was going to get mad already.. "Oh no.." he mumbled

I scratched the back of my head and looked at my phone to read the messages

Mom: We saw the news today, is everything alright with Jackson? Our thoughts and prayers. We miss you! Call us soon.

Kim Hyunji: I have things cooking up in my brain but I'm going to wait until you explain everything. You better explain everything to me!! For now, I'll just prettend you're a superfan with a friend called Jaebum. Call me as soon as possible!

Mark: I went out to book us a hotel near the hospital. I'll be back as soon as possible.

I locked my phone and crouched down grabbing my head and ruffling my hair.. "Ugh.."

Standing back up I look at my confused boyfriend who was still waiting for me to explain why te sudden freak out..

A million thoughts ran through my brain.. how do I say it.. do I make it quick? Do I elaborate.. do I say it firmly or quietly? Should I just lie? Come up with something?.. Or sh-

"Haeju?..-"

"Hyunji and Ji Ah probably know we're dating" I say quickly closing my mouth shut

His jaw drops a little as he processes what I just blurted out of my chest..

Uh owh...