Prologue

It had been a hard five years for you, but you were glad to be back. You looked forwards at the sorting hat, and the crowd of people surrounding it. There were two students who stood head-over-shoulders to the rest. Out of the corner of your eye, you catch Fred and George Weasley, twins, in all of your classes. They wink at you as they lob a fake mouse at someone on the Hufflepuff table. Even though you are Slytherin, your closest friends are Gryffindor.

Professor Dumbledore clears his throat to silence the great hall.
"As you may have seen, we have two students who will be joining sixth year, but they still are to be sorted into their corresponding houses." He announced, then moving on to more important stuff.
You look at the two taller students, one with shoulder-length blonde hair, gathered in a half-up ponytail. Standing next to them, was a slightly shorter student, who's mildly greasy black hair fell past his chin, brushing his shoulders. You could not see their faces, but assumed they were male, due to the fact that they were wearing trousers beneath their robes. The black-haired one looked behind him, a look of clear panic blazoned on his face. The blondie patted his shoulder, and coaxed him to turn back around. It is rather unusual for students to join in the sixth year, but then, it is a new era. You feel a tap on your shoulder, and look to see your best friend, Charlotte. Her long brown hair swiftly moves in ripples behind her, giving her an air of authority. She really should have been in Gryffindor, but was chosen, like you, for Slytherin.

The Sorting Hat burst onto song, interrupting you.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Dumbledore chuckled, and swiped his hand to gesture to McGonagall. She stepped forwards, and pulled a roll of parchment from god-knows-where, and began to read names. Little first-years toddled up, sat down, then smiled, or frowned at their new houses.

"Odinson, Loki." McGonagall called, and the black haired boy stepped up. His nerves were obvious, and his hands shook as he clasped the end of his robe's sleeves.

The sorting hat was placed on his head, and immediately furrowed its nonexistent brows.
"Ahh, a strong mind. You are already very talented in magic, are you not? You were taught by... Hmm, let me see. Your mother?"

Loki shook his head, in an almost reluctant fashion.

"You are cunning, and sly. You perceive magic as a way of life. I know just the house!" It continued to announce.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Loki swallowed, for he had heard bad things about that house. But, nevertheless, if he was with his brother, all would be well.

He slowly made his way to your table, millions of eyes watching his every breath.
His eyes scanned an area where two seats were available, and found it. Right next to you. Loki strolled up, and quickly sat down, and hung his head so his hair covered his eyes.

"Odinson, Thor." McGonagall said, and the blonde haired boy made his way up. He was full of confidence, much unlike his brother.

"Oooh! You control lightning, do you not? Son of a king, a glorious one. Your brother, is he not Loki? You are strong minded, and very daring and determined. I know just the house for you!" The hat yelled, excited to be upon the head of royalty for the second time.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It shouted, happy to announce Thor's new house.

You could hear an audible Gasp from beside you. Loki couldn't belive it. He was going to have to do this whole 'school' thing alone, as he always did.

"Are you okay?" You asked him, concern mounting in your voice.

"I- I- Argh, how do I put it? I am anti-social, I am cold hearted, in more ways than one, and now, I've just lost my bloody brother to the other side of the hall!" he yelled, his voice never trailing above a whisper.

You rolled your eyes, he was not gonna be fun to share a common room with, and turned back to Charlotte. You then continued to discuss when you thought the last time Snape had washed his hair was.

The assembly promptly ended, and you all revived your year's timetables.

"Sweet! I've got Charms first! That is worth getting up for!" Charlotte cried, grasping her paper, holding it close to your eyes.

"Lucky! I've got Divination next. Look intooo the fuuuuture!" You mocked, clearly disgusted by your first lesson.

"Ah, shit." Charlotte whispered, hinting to behind you.

Slowly, you turned your head, and discovered probably the worst teacher to of heard that.

"P-P-Professor Trewalny? How nice to see you." You stuttered, quickly trying to cover up your arrogance. You could see Fred and George laughing over her shoulder, and Loki was clinging to his brother's arm, glad to be in the same class.

"Hmm, what to do with you? Well, like the Jay answers a Dove, I shall have to punish you. I will choose your seat for you, instead of the normal 'Choose your own!'" Trewalny sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

You growled beneath your breath, crumpling your timetable in your hands.
"OooOoOoh, (Y/N)!" Fred mocked.
"I swear, if you won't shut up, I'll sacrifice you to Voldemort." You threatened, shoving past him to join the stream of people walking to lesson. You could still hear them laughing halfway down the corridor.
"Don't listen to them, they're massive twats." Charlotte commented, as you walked up the same staircase.
"No kidding! You seen the new Slytherin's brother? Whoo! How can a 16 year old be that muscular?" You spoke, jumping over the fake step, giggling as a first year stepped into it and got caught.
"No one told them about the stairs?" You breathed between cackles.
"You are such a witch!" Charlotte said, punching you arm.
"Wow, she guesses it again!" You joked before turning down a different corridor to the one Charlotte was now walking down. You chuckled to yourself, and sped off towards your lesson.

This was written before Thor: Raganarok, originally, I've just finished it now. Valkyrie (Brunnhilde, whatever you call her) and Héla, plus Korg And Heimdall, ect, will make an appearance later.

QOTD:
What Hogwarts house are you? I'm a Ravenclaw! I chose Slytherin so you and Loki could be together ;)

-Fanatic_Fanfictions