P.1

Adelaide pushed the glasses further up her nose. Today was the day, the day she could leave and pursue her destiny.
She put her hair up in a bun, her characteristic hairstyle and inhaled  the last scent of her mother's spices that she would ever smell again.
"I'm going to miss you, mother" Adelaide's sorrowful expression brought a frown to her mother's face.
"You're going to the north, and will be staying in a nice motel" "You will be fine, you are brave, like your father my dear" Her mother smiled. Adelaide  could never do complements, they'd always make her blush and stutter out a response no matter how small.
"T-thank you mother... Goodbye. Look after Loki, please?"
"I will... do not worry.. I will"
Adelaide stepped out the door and carefully closed it behind her.
To a new adventure.

Reuben ran his finger down the short blade of his pocket knife.
Today was the day the countdown of his dreams hit one. He didn't know what to expect, or where to go, so he just walked, aimlessly waiting for a sign or a signal, telling him what he needed to do. All his life he had relied of symbols and signs from the universe, but now when he needed one the most, he couldn't find it.
Just give me a clue, how do I find the way?