Prologue

''Are you ready, little monster?'' Mia Ventura asked her daughter. ''Yes, mama. Do I have strawberries for lunch?'' Mikeala asked her mom. ''They are in your bag. Grab it and we are leaving. Say bye to daddy''. ''Da-aaad! I am going to school now. Are you gonna give me a hug?'' she asked her dad. ''Come here little monkey, I will give you kisses too'' Xavier Ventura said, while grabbing his 4 year old daughter for a hug. Mikaela giggled, gave him a kiss and grabbed her bag. ''Alright Mikaela, go sit in the car already. I'm gonna grab my bag'' Mia told her daughter while smiling. Mikaela waved to her dad and ran to the car. Looking at their daughter, Mia and Xavier smiled happily. ''I'll see you tonight'' Mia said to him and gave him a hug and kiss. ''I love you. Great day at work'' Xavier said kissing his wife back. ''I love you'' she smiled to her husband, grabbed her bag and left the house.

''Mamaaaa!'' Mikaela shouted. ''Yes?'' her mom said, while focusing on the road. ''I love our strawberries! We can take more'' she said with a little devil in her eyes. Then Mia looked behind her and saw her daughter already eating some of the strawberries. She laughed inside. ''Mikaela! Those were for lunch, not for now. Shame on you little monster''she said. Mikaela looked at her mom to see if she was really mad. Then she started laughing. ''After school we will get some more, I need to get some stuff anyways'' Mia said. That made Mikaela enthousiast and she started to try to jump in her carseat. Which failed.

''Were here, you can get out now'' she said when parking her car at school.

Walking in the school they were greeted by some people. Then Mikaela saw her friend Amara and run straight to her, as they greeted eachother happily. Mia small talked with Amara's mom as they went inside. There they went in the classroom and said eachother goodbye. ''Mooom! I love you. I see you after school for strawberries?'' Mikaela asked as giving her mom a big hug and kisses. ''Of course, I love you darling'' she smiled as she gave her daughter a hug and kisses. She then looked proudly to her daughter who was playing with Amara and some other kids. Mikaela looked up one more time smiling and waving to her mom. Mia waved back and left the school.

After school Mikaela grabbed her stuff and put it in her bag. With all classmates and the teacher they went outside. Here some parents were already here, so they said bye and left. Few by few left, until there was just 4 kids left. Then Amara and others left. Mikaela was the only one left. That had never happend before. She stared over the area hopefully. ''Who was going to take you today, Mikaela'' her teacher asked. ''Mama, because we are going to buy strawberries'' she said proud. ''But mama is really busy at work, she works really really hard'' she then said. ''Okay, we will wait inside then, it's a little cold'' her teacher said, while walking back in together. Mikaela played with some toys, while the teacher tried to reach someone. Hours later, her dad showed up desperate. She never came.