Chapter 2

***a week later***

"Ronnie! Ronnie wake up!"

I groaned and rolled over to face my sister, "Why?"

"James and Oliver are leaving in two hours and I will not let you get away with not saying goodbye to them!" she scolded me. I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing my eyes.

"M'kay," I yawned as I stumbled into the bathroom. I ran the hot water and stepped into my shower, sighing with the relief it brought. When I got out I dried myself off and pulled on a bath robe. I blowdried and flat ironed my hair. I pressed the power button on my stereo and the sounds of Avenged Sevenfold filled the room. I hummed along as I searched for clothes in my dresser.

After a while I decided on a pair of midnight black jeggings and a loose fitting black and white crop tee shirt with a black tank top under it. I went into the bathroom and ran a brush through my hair agian before tying it back to do my make up. I lined my eyes in black then brushed on some mascara and rubbed on some clear lip gloss before slipping on my black Converse high-tops and my many gel bracelets. I turned back around and put in some silver simple hoop ear rings in my first hole and some black rinestone studs in my second one, "There you are!" Cameron called once I walked down the stairs.

"Hey," I sighed as I walked out the door. I ran across the street and straight into Oliver, "H-hey," I said in a slightly hushed voice, "So this is it, the big day," I said as I tried to keep my cool.

"Yeah, I guess it is..." he said as he looked at his feet. I pressed my lips together in thought of a way to make him smile. I looked up just in time to see his dad put the last suitcase in the car.

"Ready to go, Oliver?" he asked him. Oliver nodded and looked at James. They both leaned in at the same time and gave me tight hugs.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I said, surprised by my lack of tears yet.

"I'm gonna miss you, too," they said at the same time. I smiled and giggled.

"I'm gonna miss that... and everything. It won't be the same here without you," I sighed.

"Keep it up. At least try to make new friends. For me," James whispered in my ear before heading towards the car. I laughed and waved at him.

"Come on, Oliver! We don't wanna be late!" his mother called from the passenger's seat.

"Ronnie I... I'll miss you. B-bye..." he said giving me one last hug before leaving me standing there on the street. I waved goodbye to their parents as they drove by.

And I could've sworn I saw Oliver look back at me one last time before they went around the street corner, and out of my life. I slowly walked back across the street, as if I was expecting them to come back somehow, to turn back around that street corner. But, of course, they didn't. I walked back through the front door, "Are you okay?" Cameron asked. I nodded my head and made my way up the stairs. I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and turned around slowly, "No you're not, Ronnie. I know better," she brushed part of my bangs out of my eyes, "Do you wanna talk about it?" I shook my head 'no' and she patted me on the back and pushed me along upstairs.

I ran into my room and slammed the door a little harder than I should've. I didn't care though, two out of my three reasons for living just up and moved out of my life, I'm not supposed to be okay, right? No, of course not. I pressed power on my stereo and turned it up so I couldn't hear anything else. Evanescence's song 'Going Under' blasted through the room as I sat on my bed and looked around my room for something to distract me. My eyes landed on my bookshelf and I smiled a little bit. I pulled out Stephen King's 'It' and started to read.