Again

Minho and Alby went into the maze today to retrace Ben's footsteps from the day before while I stayed in the Glade. I sat by Chuck as Greenie sat by him and kept asking questions as Newt and Zart hacked at a tree stump.

"Why would Alby be going into the maze, he's not a Runner?" Thomas asked and I sighed.

"Things are different now." Newt said. "Alby went to retrace Ben's footsteps before sundown. Look are you gonna help?"

"Wait so he's going to go back to the place where Ben was just stung."

"Alby knows what he's doing, alright. He's knows better than any of us" I said.

"What's that mean?" Thomas asked.

"Well it's like you've heard yeah, every month the box sends up a new arrival. But someone had to be first right. Someone had to spend a whole month in the Glade alone. And that was Alby." Newt explained and while he wasn't looking I saw Thomas keep staring at him. "I mean it can't have been easy. But then boys started coming up one after another, he saw the truth. And he learned that the most important thing is that we all have each other. Cause we're all in this together." After he said this Thomas stood up and helped them cut at the stump, right next to Newt. I smiled, they are so cute together even though they have no idea. "Yeah, there you go Greenie." Newt said but then there was a noise in the sky and dark clouds rolled in. It started to rain and we all ran to the homestead.

"They should be back by now. What happens if they don't make it?" Thomas asked as we all stared at the doors. C'mon Minho.

"Their gonna make it." Newt said.

"Well what happens if they don't?" Thomas asked Newt as he stood right next to him.

"They're gonna make it." I said and they turned to me. "They have to." Once it stopped raining we all ran to the door to wait.

"C'mon guys can't we send someone after them?" Greenie asked.

"It's against the rules. Either they make it back or they don't." Gally said and I scanned the passage for any sine of them.

"Can't risk losing anyone else." Newt said as a strong wind blew from in the maze and the doors started to close.

"C'mon Minho." I whispered.

"There!" Thomas said pointing as the two rounded the corner.

"Wait no, somethings wrong." Newt said and I looked closer. Minho was dragging Alby.

"C'mon Minho you can do it!" Chuck yelled but I realised sooner than the others.

"They're not gonna make it." I said as the others shouted for Minho to leave Alby and shouted that he could make it. I moved to go forward but Gally and Jeff held me back. At the last moment though Thomas ran and I saw Newt reach for him but missed and Greenie ran through the door. I caught eyes with Minho. "MINHO!" I shouted as the doors closed and the boys let go of me as I sank to the ground. "No." I whispered. "Not again." I hung my head. The boys slowly dispersed and I cried. I felt someone sit beside me and I turned to see Newt. "It happened again." I said as cried and he nodded.

"I know." Newt said and I sighed as I stood up.

"I'm gonna go to my room." I said and he nodded as I helped him up.

"See you later." He said and I walked to my room as tears fell. I didn't care that the boys were seeing me cry as I walked. I got into my room and locked the door as I sat on my bed and cried until I had no more tears and passed out.

o-o

I woke up to someone knocking on my door and I groaned as I turned over.

"Who's there?" I asked.