Chapter 4

*Elizabeth's pov*

The next morning I was awakened by the blaring sound of a doorbell. I grumbled, "Are you fucking kidding me? It's seven in the morning. It's too damn early..." I trailed on as Chris stared at me with dazed eyes, still half asleep. I stomped down the stairs and flung the door open to reveal Chris's mom and sister. "Oh, goodness. Sorry if we um, woke you." I heard Chris chuckle a bit, "Honey, look what you're wearing." I looked down to see I was in my underwear and a white t-shirt  which I wasn't wearing a bra under. I felt my cheeks grow hot, "Oh, um, ahaha. Be right back." I hurried back up the stairs and put on a shawl and a pair of sweatpants. I came back down and everyone was in the living room talking and laughing. "I'm sorry if I come off as rude asking this, but why did you come here at seven in the morning?" Amy replied, "Why we are going dress shopping my dear! That's the first thing you buy for a wedding so then the dress is altered and ready." I stared at her confused, "But we haven't set a date." Chris shrugged, "Well, you do love fall don't you?" I nodded. "Let's make it then. What does that give us?" I shook my head, "Chris that gives us about four months." He smiled, "Well, it's enough time to make a simple wedding though right." Amy sighed, "It is a little short for time, but it'll do if we just have a small, not super expensive wedding. All we'd have to pay for is your dress, flowers, and the suits of course. We will have to send out invitations and I'll cook the food and make the decorations; oh, and the party favors." I let out a nervous laugh and Chris pulled me smoothly to his side, "Trust me, I bet it's a lot less stressful than it sounds." I hesitantly nodded and Chris drove to get his groomsmen while I went with his mom and sister to the dress shop. We walked in and a friendly looking lady approached, "Hi, what can I help you with today? Prom?" Amy shook her head, "Marriage, bride and bridesmaid dresses please." The lady looked me up and down again, seemingly shocked that I was so young. I held in a rolling of my eyes at her unspoken negative thoughts as she lead us to the wedding section. "What style dresses would you like? Flowy, poofy, lace..." She trailed off with a bunch of other terms. "Slightly tight fitting, even a colored dress will do. I do like the idea of lace or silk." She nodded and came back after about ten minutes with a rack lined with many dresses, "Here are your options. Pick out the ones you like and tell me when you're ready to try some on." She strolled away and I looked through the dresses. I picked out about eight of them and as promised the lady came back, "Are we ready? Here I'll help you with them." I shook my head, remembering the long scar on my side. "My mother will help me put it on, if you need to make adjustments you can come in after." Again, the lady looked at me with a confused look. Amy smiled at the fact I had called her mother and came in with me to help me into the first dress. As I took off my clothes I could hear her gasp when she saw my scar. It ran from my ribs on my sided to just along my belly button. I glimpsed up at her afraid to make eye contact as I heard her cry a little before coming over to me and hugging me, not caring that I was half naked, "I'm so sorry that that happened to you dear, but you're still beautiful." I attempted to smile as I slipped into my first dress. It was way too poofy. We tried on a few more that just didn't fit or feel right. Then, I shimmied into a strapless white lace gown. It had a bow at the waist and was form-fitting until a little above my knees, where it billowed out slightly like a mermaid tail. Amy was crying as she sobbed, "Is it the one?" I smiled and nodded as I began crying myself. We bought the dress and when we got back to Chris's and I's house there were four other guys there. I stared at Chris confused, but he smiled and came over to me, "Elizabeth, I'd like to introduce you to my friends, and now band mates." I nodded and he pointed at a guy with ratty black hair and dark eyes, and he wore makeup to the point that he almost could pull of a chick, "That's Devin, aka Ghost." He smiled and shook my hand. Then we moved on to a guy who almost looked like a mini Chris, but had bluish-gray eyes, "This is Ricky." He smiled and waved, seeming a little shy. The next guy took me into a hug and scared me a little. When he let go and backed up a little I got a better look at him. He had the sides of his head shaved and his blonde hair slicked back in the middle. He had huge gauges and quite a few piercings, and I finally met his bluish-green eyes. "Balz, of course is quite confident." "Balz?" "His first name is Joshua, but we all call him that." He nodded and finally I met the last guy, who had a modest piercing on his nose and deep brown eyes that matched his brown hair, "Last, but not least, is Ryan." He nodded. "Everyone, this is my soon to be wife I've been telling you all about, Elizabeth." They all smiled at shook my hand as they left. "How was dress shopping?" "It was good, but your mom saw my scar. It was hard to get the one lady to stay out of the room so she couldn't see it." He hugged me tight, "Elizabeth, you're beautiful. Scar or not. I feel like it suits you a little." I rolled my eyes, "But to me, it's a constant reminder other than the memories of what happened. Memories can be held back and put away, but you can't get hide this scar." He held me tighter, "Don't worry my love. It'll be okay." With that, we had dinner and soon after went to bed.