(7)

We decided to make a few rules, to try to avoid Delilah as much as we can.

1. Do not talk to strangers

2. Have each other on speed dial

3. Have your phone on you at all times. 

4. Don't believe anything anyone says.

Once we got all the rules, we headed to my house. My parents were home. They just got back from their business trip. We walked into my house and saw my mom sitting on the couch. "Hey mom." I said. "We'll be in my room working on...homework."

"Paige?" my mom said. "Yeah?" I asked. "Your friends can go up to your room, but can we talk for a moment?" she asked. I nodded as Arabella and Sebastian went up to my room. I sat down next to my mom. "What's up?"

"You and Arabella seem...close..." she said.

"Well, we are friends." I told her. "We've been friends for a while."

"Paige, is there something going on between you two?"

"Not at all!" I tried to sound convincing, but failed. 

"Are you sure?" she asked. I nodded my head. "I don't want you dating any more girls." she said. "Girls are supposed to be with guys and guys are supposed to be with girls."

"But mom-"

"End of discussion."

I sighed and went up to my room.

When I got to my room, I closed the door behind me. "What was she talking about?" Arabella asked. "I'll tell you later, but for now, we need to figure out a plan for getting Delilah out of the picture for good."

"For Kyle." Sebastian said. "For Kyle." Arabella said. "Even thought I don't know who he is, I'm pretty sure he was a great guy."

Something flew into the open window of my room. I don't remember opening it. It flew across the room and almost hit Arabella in the head. The knife stuck to the wall next to her. I quickly shut the window and locked it. Sebastian took the knife out of the wall. Arabella's cheek was scratched from the knife. She was breathing heavily.

I quickly ran over to her. "Are you alright?" I asked her. She nodded. "I-I'm fine." she said. Her cheek was bleeding now, but not enough to be too worried. 

I looked out the window and saw a girl looking back up at me. 

Delilah.

I opened the window. "Go away!" I shouted at her. "You will love me again!" she said. "Not a chance!" I said. I closed the window and locked it again. 

As I closed the window, I felt the tears come.

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

No. Not again.

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

This...This happened once before. That...That song. I...No. Not again!

"Paige?"

I turned around. Sebastian was there. He looked at me with caring eyes. "It's her fault!" I screamed. "It's all her fault!!"

Dear, it took so long just to feel alright

Remember, how to put back the lights

In my eyes

I wish 

I had missed 

The first time that we kissed

Cause you broke all 

Your promises

And now you're back

You don't get to get me back!

"Not again!" I screamed. Arabella sat me down on my bed. Everything was blurry. I couldn't see. I started breathing heavily. Then, everything went black.

***

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. I could barely see past my hands. I heard laughing. I would know that laugh anywhere.

"Delilah!" I called out. "Where are you?"

The laughing grew louder. "Oh little Paige. You were always so delicate."

Delilah appeared in front of me. "What did you do to me?" I asked her. "I didn't do anything." She said. "You've always been like this."

It was true. Every time something happens, my mind goes crazy. 

She laughed again.

"If you think I'll ever take you back, you're crazy." I told her. Her laugh grew louder. 

"Let me show you something." she said. She took my arm and we vanished from the darkness.

***

---------------

Arabella's pov

---------------

Paige started panting. "Paige?" Sebastian asked. "It's her fault!" she screamed. "It's all her fault!!"

I ran to her side. "Not again!" she screamed. I put her down on her bed. She started panting harder, until she blacked out. "What happened?" I asked Sebastian. "It happens every time she panics." Sebastian explained. "She blacks out. She starts screaming."

"Does it often happen?"

"Only when she panics."

"How do we wake her up?"

"She has to wake up on her own."

"How long does that take?"

"Somewhere between fifteen minutes to two hours."

"So we're going to have to wait."

***

---------------

Paige's pov

---------------

I was watching over them. Like an angel. Like I'm dead.

"Am I dead?" I asked. "I wish you were." she said. "Then I wouldn't have to go through all this trouble just to make you mine."

"Like I said before." I told her. "I'd rather die."

We were sitting by the window. She said they couldn't see me. I could see my body laying on my bed. I could still hear the words.

I learned to live

Half alive

And now you want me one more time

Who do you think you are?

Running around leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

I couldn't breathe. Everywhere I turned, there was blackness.

***

I sat up straight in my bed. Sebastian was sitting by the window. Arabella was sitting by my side, holding my hand. "Sebastian!" Arabella said. "She's awake!"

Sebastian ran to my side. I stood up. I turned to Sebastian. "Call the police." I said. "It's time to end this once and for all."