(10)

Okay. So this story is coming to an end. This isn't the last chapter, but it's close!

Sometimes, you just need to let go...

They don't care about you.

They never will

They hate you now

There's nothing you can do about it

I woke up in a place I didn't recognize. 

Where am I?

Where are my parents?

That's when I remembered. I'm staying with Arabella. My parents hate me now. There's nothing I can do about it.

It was the middle of the night. I heard someone open the door. I laid back down and pretended I was asleep.

"I know you're awake." said a familiar female voice. I sat up. "Hey Arabella." I said. She sat on the bed with a smile on her face. "I have an idea." she said. "What is it?"

She handed me a piece of paper. A note. I read it.

Dear mom,

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm running away. With Paige. I'm trying to help her. She needs to get away from everything. I thought this over. I spoke with her about it. I'm not telling you where we're going. Just know that we're safe. I love you.

---- Arabella

"Well?" she asked. "What do you say?"

"I-I don't know." I said. "I'll have to think about it. What about Sebastian?"

"I spoke with him about it also. He said that if you need it, we should do it."

"I...I need time to think about it." I told her. 

"Take you're time." She said. She left the room without another word.

Should I run away with her?

***

The next day, I found Arabella in her room. 

"I've made my decision." I told her. 

She closed the book she was reading.

"Yes." I said. "It's a great idea."

A smile grew on her face. "Let's go."

***

Arabella put the note on the kitchen table. We grabbed our bags and headed out the door. We left our phones there so they wouldn't be able to track us with them. We'll just have to get a job and buy new ones. I took a deep breath as we walked out the door. She took my hand. 

"Let's go."

We walked down the street. "Where are we going to go?" I asked her. She shrugged. "Anywhere but here."

I nodded. Then, I got an idea. "This way." 

I pulled her to the edge of town. There was an old tree house there. "We can stay here for now." I said. "Until we find a better place."

We climbed up the ladder that was there and walked in. There was a small table, a carpet, and two sleeping bags. "How did you find this place?" Arabella asked. 

"Sebastian and I came across it back in elementary school." I told her. "We came here a lot, but eventually forgot about it. It looks exactly the same as how we left it."

We put our stuff in the corner of the tree house. "Let's get settled."

***

---------------

Sebastian's pov

---------------

I sat in my room. They actually did it. I didn't think Paige would agree. But she needs it. She needs to get away. 

I heard a tap at my window. I opened it and there was a note. I read it.

Come to the place we went to when we were kids. Bring food.

-P

My parents were at work, so they won't question why I'm getting a bag full of food. They might ask where it went, but I'll tell them that I went on a walk and someone might have broken in and stole it. I'll tell them I forgot to lock the door. They know I'm forgetful.

I walked to the tree house and climbed up the ladder. Exactly the same as Paige and I left it. 

"You saw the note!" Paige exclaimed as I entered. 

"Of course I did." I told her. I gave them the bag of food. I looked around. "I can't believe I'm back here." I mumbled. "It's been years." 

"I know. It feels like forever." Paige said.

I walked around the room. I looked inside a small box and chuckled. I handed Paige a picture of us. We were so small then. Like, nine or ten. Her eyes widened when she saw it. "Put it away!" she said. "It's embarrassing!"

"Let me see!" Arabella ripped the picture out of her hand. "No!" Paige said, trying to get the picture from her. "You were so cute then!" she said. "No I wasn't!" Paige crossed her arms. I chuckled and looked around some more. "Paige." I said. I held up a monkey plushie. "Remember Sam?"

Her eyes widened again when she saw the monkey. "Sam!" she ran over to it. "I thought I lost her." she said hugging it.

"It's been here, apparently." I told her. She held Sam up to Arabella. "Sam, this is my girlfriend, Arabella."

Arabella giggled. "Hi Sam!"

Paige made Sam wave at her. I chuckled some more. "I better get going." I told them. "My parents should be home soon.

I climbed down the ladder, and kept hoping they'll get away with this.

***

---------------

Paige's pov

---------------

Sebastian is the best. I sat down in the corner of the room with Arabella. "What will happen if they find us?" she asked me. I shook my head. "They won't." I told her. "No one has been here in years. Probably more than that."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"How long are we going to stay here?"

"As long as we need to."

She nods. 

"Paige?"

"Yeah?"

"If they do find us, what will we do? Will we go back? Will we go somewhere else? Will we stay?"

I squeezed her hand. "We'll figure that out when the time comes. For now, let's get some rest."