Sadness.

Once, Life asked me a favor. But I never got to hear what it was. Deep down I don't regret it but, at the same time, I feel like that could have been the key to forever Happiness. Whenever I think back to that I can't help but think about him. The one who I made an escape but only let him drown me. I only let his intoxicating lips poison me and his gentle, cold touch numb and blind me. He hurts me so bad but he's the calm to my storm. I call him sadness.

There's not much to say about him, aside from the fact that he's a huge play boy. He's nice to have around sometimes but he doesn't allow you to breath. If you let him, he'll control you and push you down, slowly, into the depths of his soul. Surrounding you with him. Drowning in him. If the devil likes to take control of the mind to control you then Sadness must be the devil because he creeps in for a little game and it takes so much to drive him away. Sometimes Sadness can be fair but that's only when Happiness takes his place and dilutes Sadness. That's that happy/sad feeling you feel occasionally. 

I think I said it earlier, that Sadness is the calm to my storm. He's the eye to the hurricane. In all the devastation and dilapidation left behind from Anger and Neglect, Sadness comes and comforts me. Just when I let my guard down, he blows in. The end of the hurricane,  the worse part. In this moment, I always think back to Life's favor. I don't regret my mistake deep down but in moments like this... I damn myself for being an insignificant fool walking the Earth in a painted shell hoping someone will hear my cries. Hoping someone will be my hero, hold me, and protect me from the forces, protect my from them. But my demons, my emotions, haunt me and push me down further into them. It's my fault though.......

                                                                 Because..... I let them.