~1~

Betty was pacing back and forth the room, biting her nails, a habit she had picked up when she moved in with Archie. she sat down but quickly jumped back up again as if she was a bomb that was going to go off any second. Her long blonde locks were secured to her head and her heart was beating at a million miles an hour. Her mind was racing. All she could think about was what he would say. Her breathing got heavier and her head was spinning. she felt as if the air she was breathing was trying to suffocate her.

A few moments later, Archie slowly walked into the room, his fingers tangled in themselves. He sat down and placed his head in his hands with a sigh.

"I don't know what to do Betty. " he said quickly. "How am I supposed to be okay with this?"

"Look Archie!" she shouted, taking a step towards him and unleashing the anger she had left brewing inside of her. " If you cant help me then I will find someone who will, okay Archie? I'm leaving, and I'm not coming back". she was filled with rage. she had to leave for good. she didn't care that there was nowhere to go. she just needed to be somewhere. somewhere she belonged. 

As she was driving away, she realised there was only one place she could think to go to, but she knew it wasn't going to be easy. after the black hood was arrested and Riverdale seemed to calm down, the richest and wealthiest scattered, too scared to live in the crumbling town. With Mr Andrews out of the picture, Archie followed Hiram back to new york. So with Veronica missing and Archie left without a love, Betty was invited along and promised a life of unlimited wealth and happiness. well, they got one thing right. However, she left her only love behind. Jughead Jones, and she wasn't sure how happy he'd be to see her.

It had been years since she walked through the doors of the Whyte Wyrm. That's why it was strange when she felt so at home. she had never been happy with Archie. she knew that when she married him. she would dream day and night about the moment she would be free to walk as Betty Cooper again, not Elizabeth Andrews. The day she would once again be herself. a serpent. 

Every step she took seemed to echo for years. the entire room fell silent. her head high, she flung her ridiculous heels off of her and marched to the bar when she noticed a friendly face.

"well look who it is, Betty Cooper" said Sweet Pea, going in for a hug. she had never felt happier to hear that name. "5 years has it been?" he said unable to wipe the joy off his face.

"How have things been here?" she asked, equally as delighted.

"well, I'm not gonna lie love, hasn't been easy" he said as he signalled the bartender to get her a drink. "but everyone's still here ...and alive" Betty chuckled at sweet peas dark humour. it wasn't lost on her that the serpents took a hit when she left. she was the smart one. the Good one. she was their pride and joy

"Cheryl and Toni here? wanna see them before I speak to Jughead" as she said his name, her face fell slightly and she sighed. she could feel his confusion.

"what? why are you here for him? what happened to your boy toy? and no they're at the trailer park with the twins." he said with a smirk. he couldn't help it.

"the toy stopped squeaking"

"ahh, I see. so what you here for anyway?" he asked her, his childish grin growing back.

"I'm in trouble. lots of trouble. I made a deal with an old serpent a long time ago. Jughead knows them but I don't know if he's going to say yes. they go way back" she said sighing and fiddling with the straw of her drink.

"okay. ill go get him, but you might want to change out of, well, that" she said gesturing to her expensive outfit. she was wearing a tight gold dress that highlighted every curve. Archie and the Lodges thought it was important that she always looked like she was worth a million dollars, even if she was.

"Hang on," he said turning around again. "Toni spent a few nights in the spare of the Whyte wyrm. I think some of her clothes are still back here." 

"great," Betty said. she couldn't wait to get out of these clothes. she always admired Toni's fashion sense, sexy, but hardcore. and plus, sexy and hardcore could move the tables in her favour a bit when she talks to Jughead.

she walked into the small and very messy room and there was a black duffel bag open on the floor. sweet pea signalled to it and then left the room. Betty picked out a small red tank top and some ridiculously tight leather jeans with knots on them. she saw a jacket at the bottom of the bag. she knew it wasn't a serpent one. she knew very well you have to earn them. it was a black leather jacket that was just a bit too small for her. perfect.

 perfect

she straightened herself out and walked out of the room. she had never felt more alive. more like herself. she knew this was where she belonged. sweet pea was leaning against the wall with a cigarette in his mouth. as soon as he saw her, he quickly took it out and said "oh sorry. didn't want to blow this crap in your face." she saw him look her up and down.

"baddass..." he said looking like he had been shot in the ass with a dart.

"uhuh, well then, let the baddass have a smoke." she said as she leaned over to take the cigarette out of his hand and put it in her mouth. this was her life now. she knew it. and she had never been more content.

"come on then sweety, take me to your leader."