Prologue

Prologue

My life was perfect. My family was rich. We had everything we wanted; new phones,cars and other extravagant items. But then everything changed. I can't say for the worse because in some ways it has made my life so much more enjoyable, but it was a definite change.

It was the hottest summer since records started. My sister Rebecca and I were out on the balcony sunbathing. George our father's favourite butler was standing over Rebecca holding a tall glass of pimms on a tray. The uniform he was wearing seemed to help the sun with cooking him alive. His face was bright red and beads of sweat were running down the sides. He still managed to keep a smile on it, though. Well, it was his job.

To me, this life was normal. Posh dinners with important people, like the queen and the prime minister, were just what happened. My wardrobe had a section for each season, another for my posh dresses that I detested, and then one for high fashion.  Living the dream, with my own personal shopper, butler and driver. And if I just asked, I could have had so much more.

Then my sister ruined it. She had to go see the beatles live in concert just to blab to her friends. When our father offered, she always took, never considering others. She lived for the moment, and for herself. So the her sleeping with some random guy she'd just met wasn't unusual.

Don't get me wrong, I love my sister. But this time she screwed up worse than normal. This time she decided to sleep with a normal person, under abnormal circumstances.

Both our lives were turned upside down because of one tiny action in the summer of 64, which also changed the world forever. Maybe you'd understand me better if I told you the whole story. Let me start from the beginning.