Chapter Two

You may think that time-machines get you somewhere instantly. But no, they are way more complicated than that.

First, the whole machine starts to shake so you have to hold on tightly. It would be easier if there were seats in the machine, with seat belts. Then the lights go out, which can be scary the first time you travel through time. I remember the first time I did it, I was going to see a film I had missed with my friend Jade and my sister. We only went back in time for an hour. Jade and I had both fainted, it has something to do with the speed you travel at. I don't really know how time travel works, but what I do know is that it has something to do with speed.

When we fasten our belts and close our eyes firmly shut, Rebbecca grabs my hand.

"Don't let go," She whispers with her arm wrapped round my shoulder. As the controls start to flash. We are setting off. My heart feels like it is going to bounce out of my chest as I am lunged forward by the spinning machine. The walls blur into one before grinding to a halt. We are flying through time. If you take a look out of the rear window you wouldn't see a thing, because of the speed. But I do think that I saw a dinosaur, just now. It was breath taking.

The machine travels about a year per minute, pretty fast I know. When the machine has steadied, Rebbecca applies more makeup and reads the girlie magazines she has taken with her. They don't interest me, I prefer football magazines or something else linked to sport. Maybe an article about the English squad.

Rebbecca drops her head in her neck, nearly sleeping, she must think there is a seat underneath her for support, because she falls to the floor with a loud bang!

"Ow, my butt!" She exclaims pulling herself to her feet and examining her behind, "Arh shit, its covered in all kinds of yuk" She dusts herself off. I can't help but laugh. She always takes things far too seriously. Hitting me on the head with her magazine, she tries to stand with balance again.

The machine starts rocking, we are nearly there. I hold on tightly to the handle as we hit the ground sending vibrations through me.

"Woo, Beatles here we come!" Rebbecca shouts while running to the window.

We have arrived in the swinging sixties. It doesn't look very swinging yet, though, we have landed in a disgusting alley. Posters for an exotic circus were plastered on one of the walls, the other covered in graffiti. It is dark and dirty, so Rebbecca being Rebbecca pushes me out of the machine first, into a muddy puddle, it splashes upon my green dress.

"All clear, no mud what so ever," I shout hopping over a few more puddles to the edge of the alley, I am hoping that she will leap out and make mud splatter upon her clothes as well. She is much more brainy that I thought, though. She jumps over the puddle. How I wish I had long slender legs like her's, that make all the boys fall to their knee's.

'Oh yeah, I'll tell you something,

I think you'll understand,

When I say that something,

I want to hold your hand' 

I wanna hold your hand by the beatles was playing loudly from one of the shops, it had been a number one hit January 1964, and it still seems to be popular,

"I want to hold you hand! I want to hold you hand," sings Rebbecca while reaching for my hand and swinging it as we walk down the pavement. Everyone stops and stares at the two crazy girls walking hand in hand down the pavement.

A crowd of screaming girls seems to be crowded around one huge building.

Our destination was in sight, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, here we come.