Chapter 5

“Well, I got band aids but there’s only so many that we could--,”

            My eyes widen at the line of plates stretched before me on the table.

            “—use…”

            Although everything in the kitchen was practically scattered now, all the boys had started an evenly ordered assembly line.             

            “How did you guys… I didn’t even… I didn’t know we had these,” I sputter.

            I watch each of them carefully put the snacks in order. Niall at the start, Liam next, then Zayn, Louis, and lastly, Harry.

            Everything seems to be alright until my eyes reach the end of the line.

            “You need help there, curly?” I chuckle.

            I continue to watch him carelessly cut the sandwich in half, practically cutting his own hands off if you ask me.

            “Whose bright idea was it to put you in charge of a knife?” I say. “Here, gimme. I’ll show you how it’s done.”

            He instantly pulls the knife away from my reach and extends his other hand to shun me. “I know how it’s done. Now get out of my kitchen.”

            “Oh really?” I raise my eyebrow. “And when was this your kitchen?”

            “Right now,” he winks, quickly setting back to work.

            “I swear, Harry. You’re just… something else.”

            He doesn’t bother to look up, he just continues to cut. A smile, or more like a smirk, spreads across his face.

            Rolling my eyes, I place the band aids on the table beside the plates. “Anyway, all injured guests raise your hand.”

            Shamefacedly, Liam, Louis, and Harry raise their hands.

            I sigh. “Alright, all of you take a seat on the couch. I’m sure Blondie and Zayn could handle the rest of sandwiches.”

            “Yeah, we’re good,” Niall says.

            “We’re practically done,” Zayn adds.

            “Awesome!” I smile. “I’ll just help these guys out first and then we’ll hang around.”

            Walking over to the couch, I push the remote towards Liam. “Choose a channel or movie or what not.”

            Liam grins excitable and turns on the TV.

            Glancing at Louis, I open the band aids. “Jesus Christ, Louis. Did you fall off the cliff while I was gone?”

            “No,” he says. “But it felt like I did.”

            Harry fixes his hair to the side and takes a look, “it can’t be that bad—,”

            We both stare at his severely cut knee.

            “Damn,” Harry mouths. “I guess it is that bad…”

            “Uh, Lou,” I say. “I think you need bandages, not band aids…”

            He scratches his head and looks down, “it couldn’t have gotten much worse, could it--?”

            All of us stare at his knee now.

            “Damn…” he says. “I guess I do.”

            “How in the hell did this happen?”

            Lou continues to stare at his knee dumbfounded. “I have no clue. It wasn’t even that bad, to be honest.”

            “Wasn’t that bad? It looks like you got attacked by a lion,” Harry says.

            “Was it always like this when you came in the house?”

            “I don’t think so…”

            I shake my head. “I guess I’ll have to get you some bandages then.”

            Pulling the roll out of the band aid box, I hand it to Louis. “Here, take these and wrap it around your knee.”

            Turning to Harry, I say, “your turn!”

            “Mine isn’t as bad as Lou’s, so I don’t think we’ll need—,”

            “What in the devil are you talking about?! Both your knees look slaughtered.”

            “Wait what…” he says nervously, instantly looking down at his legs.

            I explode in laughter. “Kidding, kidding! Your knee’s fine. Just a few cuts.”

            He shoots a look at me. “I swear, Dani. Once I fix up my knee, I’m gonna get you.”

            “And do what?” I say, applying the band aids on his cuts.

            He sits there for a while and shrugs. “I dunno. Are you ticklish?”

            I give him a look. “You seriously think I’m ticklish?”

            Harry stares at me flatly.

            I stare back.

            “Don’t deny it. I know you are.”

            “Yeah, Dani,” Louis says, fixing the final touch of his bandage. “You’re a terrible liar. Just admit it.”

            “I’m not ticklish,” I say stubbornly.    

            Harry leers. “Well, we’ll see about that.”

            “What do you mean—,”

            Suddenly, Harry tackles me and starts to tickle me. I scream in laughter and push him away, kicking him and punching him.

            “So you are ticklish,” Harry grins, still on top of me.

            “Get off, Styles,” I say, pushing him off. “I still have to fix up Liam.”

            “I’m fine,” Liam suddenly says. “Toy Story’s on anyway! I could manage.”

            “No you can’t,” I say, slowly shifting away from Harry. “You needa fix your knee!”

            “No he doesn’t,” Harry says. “Right, Liam?”

            “Yeah… Sure… Whatever.”

            Louis smiles and grabs the band aids from my reach. “I got it, Dani. You and Harry have some fun, yeah?”

            I squint my eyes at Louis. “I swear, Lou, I’m going to—,”

            Suddenly, pair of arms pull me back. I roar in laughter again and try to push away from Harry.

            Out of all the laughter, I hear the front door click.

            “Dani?” a voice calls out.