Scene 4: Mithu Memory

Mithu Memory

Walking home from work, uneasily and stressed, Yusuf decided to take a detour to the bar, knowing that his fiancé is waiting for him at home with dinner ready as usual.

     But today isn't usual, he was forced to walk home due to his car being tampered with. Car tires blown sky high. After a day at work of being under the spotlight for bringing the name of his workplace "E.I.D" down in front of the world. Now, he is regarded as waste at work. But somehow he's clinging onto his job by thin fibers at the moment. All the insults and criticism, he inhales it all. Fury building up from the result of his short temper. But he knows, that only this job provides for him and his fiancé. Without it, no food on the table and eventually Elly will leave.

    As you can see, now is not a good time.

Beer cans thrown about on Yusuf's table. Roughly about 7 empty cans, one in his hand. Three gulps was all needed for a can of beer for Yusuf at the moment. Not being satisfied, he called for alcohol that he didn't dare to drink before. The people at the bar call it "Mithu", the drink that is known to bring people to insanity and back. The time that it's effect can last depends on the strength of the consumer.
In this particular case with Yusuf, the consumer is not strong, he is weak, exposed and drunk.

"Bring me Mithu, Mike...", Yusuf pleaded to the bartender, his friend. A white guy that places his will to live first above all else appeals and intrigues Yusuf.

"No, you will regret and mourn this decision after, I am sure of it"

"Bring me it Mike, please... I will just have a small bit and I won't go back home, I rented a place for tonight, the effects will be long gone before I meet any other people."

"No, you are lying. I can see it in your face. You want to hurt someone, bring out your anger on someone. And I got a feeling who and where. I'm doing this for your own good Yusuf. Now go back home before you get anymore drunk."

Yusuf is now on his knees, tears running down his face. Everyone in the bar sees a madman on his knees except Mike. He understands Yusuf as a friend and would help him all he can only unless it doesn't threaten his own life in the process.

Mike carried him out the bar on his shoulders. A pack of cigarettes and a can of beer is handed to him.

"Free of charge. Now vamos you bastard."

A smirk of friendship are shared between the two before they parted ways.

Yusuf then continued his journey back home on foot.
After a whole minute of walking, Yusuf realized something. He turned back and shouted.

"Where's the lighter? Mike!"

Mike came out of a dark alley, he was following Yusuf.

"Thought you wouldn't ask amigo, here's another gift as well."

A lighter and a small 25ml capsule is thrown Yusuf.

"And don't say it was me who gave it to you. If you get caught, this is from a unknown source.", Mike informed then walking briskly back to the bar.

Yusuf got the idea already.
He stopped and drank the 25ml of Mithu straight.
The searing pain in his mouth from the drink spread to his neck and then to his stomach.
His mind is going awol already, anger and only anger in his mind now.
The Mithu insanity has taken over his mind but one thought lay. That thought was to go home.
And went home he did to his unknowing and innocent fiancé, Elly.

(Scene 5 is in the making)

(If you enjoyed the story so far, leave a vote and comment showing your support and I'll reply)

Thanks for reading