// 3

Calum sat up, a loud, throaty groan escaping his dry lips as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

He grabbed his phone from the bedside table positioned on his right, pressing the home button to reveal the time was 10:30am, and he had gotten not one bit of sleep. He was up the entire night, tossing and turning — thinking.

Gabriella. She was contaminating his every thought, and he couldn’t stand it. The thing was; the harder he tried to rid the thought of her, the harder it became.

He sighed, slowly getting out of bed and trudging carelessly down the stairs of his shared apartment, to see Luke and Ashton already awake. He instinctively assumed that Michael would still be in bed, as when Calum came downstairs at 5am to get a glass of water, he was still awake playing ps4.

“Morning sunshine”, Ash greeted — his laughter echoing throughout the apartment.

“Hey,” Calum bluntly replied.

“You alright, mate?” Luke asked, concern sincere both in his voice, and on his expression.

Calum simply shrugged as a response, he hadn’t gotten enough sleep to do anything else. Yet he then sighed, for the second time that morning, then taking a seat at the breakfast bar across from them both.

“Is something up?” Ash questioned.

“This is probably going to sound so fucking stupid, but jesus, I can’t get Gabriella out of my head. I don’t even know… fuck” he confessed.

“You like her, huh?” Luke raised an eyebrow, smirking at Calum. 

“How could I? I hardly even know her… she won’t let me” he reminded.

“Well I guess you’re in a little bit of luck, then.” Luke began, “She’s Katie’s cousin.” Luke smirked. “And?” Calum raised an eyebrow, confusion clear in his voice.

“Katie and Grace are coming over today, and Katie’s bringing Gabriella and a few other friends” Ashton explained.

A smile painted itself on Calum’s face, he grew overwhelmingly excited about the events that today could possibly bring.

“Don’t get your hopes up though. Apparently she’s really stuck up, she’s an absolute bitch to Katie. Katie said she’s only coming because Gabriella’s mum is forcing her too.” Luke chuckled, scratching his neck.

Calum was well aware that both Ashton, Luke and probably Michael too — absolutely despised Gabriella. The four of them were like brothers, and the three of them were probably only just looking out for Calum, they didn’t want him getting hurt — for the second time. 

But nothing, not even his best friends were going to stop him for going after Gabriella. Or at least trying, that is.

Calum was never the type of guy to give up easily, and he wasn’t going to become that type of guy now. And of course, Gabriella was going to be a challenge unlike any other — but boy, did he enjoy challenges. He longed for that feeling of relief, of self accomplishment when he won the war. He loves working hard to achieve what he wants.

Calum, and the boys had been held back so many times from gig opportunities but that didn’t stop them from working TWICE as hard and trying again, and again.

“Just please Cal, be careful,” Luke warned, “You really shouldn’t be getting involved with girls like her — you’re only wasting your time.” he finished.