chapter four

Yoongi finished his drink after Hoseok left and made his way back to the bunker's entrance. He had originally planned to stay out longer, but he had been more than satisfied by the day's turnout thus far. He gave a hot guy his number, and now all he could do was anxiously wait for him to use it. That is, if he ever decided to do so. Besides, Yoongi's life as a gang member was pretty inconvenient when it came to outside relationships.

He entered the bunker and made his way back to his father's room, careful not to look anyone in the eye, since he was supposed to be sick in bed. His father was still in a meeting or something, so Yoongi easily returned the keys and made his way back to his room.

Yoongi had to be careful. Now that he had given someone his number, it would likely lead to him sneaking out more often. If his dad found out he had snuck out, he was as good as dead, and if he found out he associated with someone outside of the gang, he actually would be dead.

All that considered, Yoongi knew he'd never be able to only keep it to himself. He only had one friend, but he had grown up with her and trusted her with pretty much everything. He could tell her, so when he made it back to his room, he called her.

"Hello?" Suran answered.

"It's me."

"Oh, Yoongi, I heard you were sick, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, actually, better than I have in ages."

"What are you-"

"Can you come to my room?" Yoongi asked, interrupting her. "I have to tell you something, but I have to do it in person."

"Yeah, I guess, I'll be there in a few." The call ended, leaving Suran confused and a little worried for her friend. Regardless, she grabbed her phone and room key and walked to his room, only a few doors down from her own. She knocked, and he answered within seconds. He was smiling like an idiot, and had the dumbest grin on his face. If she had been worried before, that feeling was now multiplied by about ten. She couldn't remember the last time she'd seen him this happy.

"Quick, get in here." He pulled her into the room and stuck his head out, glancing up and down the hallway to make sure no one was nearby, then closed and locked the door. Suran sat on the bed and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"You're worrying me, what's gotten into you?" she asked tentatively, almost afraid of his response.

"I met someone," Yoongi blurted. "I met a guy, and we only talked for a few minutes but it was amazing, and I gave him my number, and oh my God I think I'm in love."

"Okay, calm down. How could you have met someone? You know every member of this gang."

"That's the problem," Yoongi began. "He's not in the gang."

"Yoongi, now you're really worrying me," Suran stated, getting more concerned by the second. "The only way to meet someone outside of the gang is to..." She trailed off. "Yoongi, you didn't."

"I did," Yoongi countered, beginning to pace the length of his room. "I went outside, I snuck out, and I went to this coffee shop and the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on was there, and I figured, 'I've only got one day out here, might as well go crazy,' so I talked to him and we seemed to hit it off and he asked for my number, so I gave it to him."

"No fucking way, Yoongi," Suran replied. "You've got to be shitting me right now, you not only went outside, but you associated with someone outside of the gang and gave them your number?"

"Yeah, I did," Yoongi responded, running his fingers rapidly through his hair. "And I don't regret it, even though it puts both of us in danger, I don't care, because I can't explain how but I felt like I was meant to meet him today."

"Like fate?"

"Exactly!" Yoongi exclaimed. "We were destined to meet in that little coffee shop, that's the only possible explanation as to how I managed to run into the love of my life the one day I go outside."

"How do you know he's the love of your life?" Suran asked. "That could just be your lonely ass clinging onto the first guy that talked to you."

"But he asked for my number, Suran, not the other way around!" Yoongi defended. "I really think the feeling is mutual."

Suran rolled her eyes. "What's this guy's name, anyway?"

"Hoseok."

"Hmm," Suran thought for a minute. "I think that's the name of the leader of the Black Serpents. Jung Hoseok."

"It's not that uncommon of a name," Yoongi pointed out. "You don't have to jump to the worst case scenario, that's probably just a coincidence."

"You'd better hope so."

-

"Isn't it too soon to be texting him?" Hoseok asked. "I just saw him today."

"Well, he doesn't have your number, right?" Taehyung pointed out. "Use it as an excuse to make sure he has yours and see if a conversation starts."

The group had returned to Hoseok's room, and they had eventually convinced him that while what he was doing was insane, it was too late to back out now. They had even convinced him to text Yoongi that day, so they sat in a circle on Hoseok's king-size bed and walked him through what to say.

hey, it's hoseok :), he typed. They each nodded or gave a thumbs up, so he nervously let his finger hover over the SEND button and pressed it. The group held their breath, anxiously waiting for a response. A moment later, the phone dinged. Jimin gasped at the sudden noise, and Hoseok started.

hey hope, what's up?

"How come he's calling you Hope, isn't that our name for you?" Jungkook asked in mock betrayal.

"I didn't want to give my real name to order my coffee so I said Hope and he saw it on the cup."

"Oh, makes sense." Jungkook went back to staring at the phone as Hoseok typed.

not much, just wanted to give you my number.

The phone dinged again, and the four huddled together to read the message.

cool, thanks. i had a good time today ;)

"What the fuck does the winky face mean, is he flirting?" Hoseok asked, lowkey panicking.

"I think he is!" Jimin practically squealed. "Oh my God, I ship it already."

"Now you have to flirt, too, to let him know you're interested," Taehyung suggested.

me too, i hope we see each other again soon ;)

"Perfect!" Taehyung approved.

"Hope-hyung's love life is so much more interesting than mine ever has been and ever will be," Jimin whined.

"I'm sure you'll meet someone one day, hyung," Jungkook reassured him, patting his knee. Jimin looked up and smiled gratefully.

"Yo, what about me?" Hoseok asked as his phone dinged again.

i have to go, but i hope we can make plans soon :)

i do to. byee

lol that's cute. byee

"What's cute?" Hoseok asked.

"The way you put two e's at the end of 'bye' when you text," Jimin responded. "It's honestly one of your cutest features."

"Aw, thanks Jimin-ah, but Yoongi owns my ass, so I hope you weren't insinuating anything with that." The group laughed at that as Hoseok's phone lay forgotten in the middle of the circle.

A/N

sup y'all
once again, i'm uploading a day early bc tomorrow's mother's day so i won't have time to write anything oOf
but the rest of the concept pictures came out and they're so great oh my god and yoongi looks so cute i love my man so much oml help
also i realized i forgot to proofread the chapter before this before i uploaded so i hope nothing's wrong there
i still haven't gotten on desktop to fix the gifs at the top so they're still just lq pics for the time being but oh well
i guess that's it for now so i'll talk to y'all next time, have a nice day, thank you for reading and goodbye