Group Stage 2 **(Karol)**

18.6.2014 - Spain vs. Chile

The decisive match of Spain. In a hystorical place for football like Maracana, in Rio de Janeiro. So, we didn't have to travel.

Of course, the first thing I did was taking photos of the stadium, haha!

Dani was nervous and concentrated. Spain brought nearly the same team as against Netherlands.

The bad thing was that it worked like against the Dutch. Spain didn't score and the Chileans did two.

Dani was depressed and mad at the same time. Depressed because Spain, the defending World champion, was out and mad because...

"Diego Costa is useless! Didn't Vicente see it in the match against Netherlands? Villa or Torres are better options, just like Navas who's at home thanks to him" Dani said, mad.

We all sighed. At least, Dani and I discovered that Spain wasn't the first defending champions to be out in groups, Italy and France had also done it in 2010 and 2002 after the titles of 2006 and 1998.

19.6.2014 - Colombia vs. Ivory Coast

It was Lau's team time! Colombia had already won as well as the other team. We went to Brazil's capital city, Brasilia.

The Africans were good and the Colombians managed to win the game. Their qualification was over, after all with two victories they were in. 2-1

20.6.2014 - Italy vs. Costa Rica

Recife was our goal place now!

Costa Rica was told to be the Death Group's Cinderella. But after a victory over Uruguay, anyone took Costa Rica as a weak team.

Dia was nervous due to this. Finally, it was a pretty tough game. Costa Rica's goalkeeper, Keylor Navas, was unbeatable. Just like they said about Casillas before, Dani supposed.

Only one goal was scored, in favour of Costa Rica.

21.6.2014 - Germany vs. Ghana

Next place was Fortaleza. In order to see Germany's second match. I was excited, against Ghana they could win. After that awesome victory against Portugal, it shouldn't be difficult.

The match was with no goals during the first half. The Ghanese were pretty fast and the German defense hadn't that speed.

Luckily, at the beginning of the second half, Götze scored the first for Germany. But just about ten minutes later, Ghana was winning 2-1.

Alex was nervous. They changed Götze for... Klose. I looked for him in internet, he was 36, pretty old. In football terms, I mean. In less of 20 minutes for the end, Klose suddenly managed the draw.

Everyone jumped and started shouting "Fünfzehn! Fünfzehn!" I didn't know.

"Why are they shouting?" I asked

"It's Klose's fifteenth goal in a World Cup so he has drawn with Ronaldo, the Brazilian, as highest scorer of World Cup history" Alex answered.

There was a last move before the final whistle. Suddenly, one of the Ghanese defenders and Müller crushed. Suddenly, the German was in the ground and... Ble, bleeding!

Just some seconds after, the match had ended. Müller got out of the pitch, still bleeding.

Alex and well, all of us made a worried face. Dani found in internet that the same guy had hit Clint Dempsey's nose, in the match against USA.

22.6.2014 - Belgium vs. Russia

Back in Rio, we saw Belgium playing. They won 1-0 against the Russians, who were the only national team where all players played in the national league of their country. Pretty strange, isn't it?

"So, let's summarize" I said "Spain is out, Colombia is in, Italy can be in or not, Belgium is probably in and Germany..."

"Germany is in. If we win or draw, we would probably be first in group. If we lose, we'll probably be second. I don't think that Ghana can score 3 against Portugal or Portugal scoring 4 against Ghana" Alex said

"Pretty good calculations" Lau smiled