thirty-five

"The moment our eyes met, from my fingertips to heartbeat, I could not help but smile," I sang the line walking up the stage.
Zimo and I decided to do a duet since I wanted to show Fen gege that learning music from him was my favorite memory as a child.

I held on tightly to the mic waiting for Zimo to come in at the other end of the stage, but what I heard wasn't his voice at all. And it wasn't coming from backstage.

I turned around and found him, walking towards me, singing Zimo's lines.

"I received a signal, I want to open an exclusive boyfriend channel for you and explain your horoscope preferences,"

"Oh girl, I'm right by your side, girl, why can't I say anything?"

I spotted Jeffrey, Mubo, Peiyao and Bangbang a bit behind him, singing some back up.

"Girl, just want you be my girl now. I don't need any other reason."

"Our encounter is too special," I sang the next, looking at his eyes as he stopped in front of the stage.

Yanchen slowly walked up, continuing the song, "I've never hesitated before, my steps follow your rhythm. When the lights turn on, the world belongs to you and me."

"Rock the show," Bangbang started to sing some back up. "Now let me rock that show,"

I bit my lip as he showed a smile, leaning towards me, putting our foreheads together, "Which part of me do you like? The quiet or bright me?"

"Do I have the right to be your only dancer?" Yanchen sang the line filled emotions, cupping my cheek with his free hand. "When we are holding hands, you will also know,"

My free hand removed his hand from my cheek and held it tight, "Our love at this moment, how rare,"

The song went on as we exchanged lines. It was probably the sweetest show this audience has ever seen because they kept clapping whenever Yanchen and I stick closer together.

"Now let me rock that show," Jeffrey lead the back up singers as Yanchen pulled me closer.

I almost dropped the mic because one more step, our lips would touch.

Both of us weren't singing anymore, we were just looking into each other's eyes, waiting for the right moment.

"Kiss already!" Someone exclaimed from the audience. Must've been Yanlei or something.

Yanchen glanced at my lips, asking for approval. I nod, hearing Mubo's sweet voice in the background.

He crashed his lips on mine and I felt it. I felt all his love and passion, making me yearn for more.

I pulled him closer, closing my eyes. I almost laughed because Yanchen got surprised when I took the lead.

I honestly didn't kiss back when Yanchen first kissed me in the ferris wheel which I regretted. I should've showed him how I felt beforehand.

Instead I denied it and continued ignoring how we felt for each other. But it's different now.

I love Yanchen and I'm gladly willing to admit it. Even to the whole world.

"Woohoo!!!!" The audience cheered loudly as we finally stopped, taking a breath.

The song ended with Yanchen's hand around my waist, and mine on his shoulders. I look at him and realized how handsome he is with his sunshine smile and all.

"I heard you were looking for me," Yanchen smiled.

"Shut up," I whispered. "Now let's go. We're ruining the party."