Ripped paper & old jerseys

End of class/To next class

Amy
I looked at the clock, noticing there were about 5 minutes left of class. Damn. I wish I could spend all day in here. I grabbed my brushes and various paint containers, looking gratefully towards Theo when they placed my painting on a shelf to dry, far away from cruel students who'd love nothing more than to ruin it. It happens more often than you'd think. It's like people just want to mess with stuff that isn't their own. I shook my head. People just don't care what they fall into. Though it made me upset, it was still humorous, thinking about the time Jyrus Montgomery from 10th grade, fell into my clay sculpture. It took months to make that bust but at least he apologized...and looked absolutely hilarious as he fell backward. His eyes were huge. As I replayed his fall in my head, Theo and I cleaned up our things. I nearly missed Theo's voice. "I think you two should make up." I felt my eyebrows shoot towards the ceiling. "You mean Chris-Christian?" I don't like saying his nickname when I'm mad at him. Don't judge, I know it's weird. Theo nodded, their cyan dipped black bangs bobbing. "Yeah, you two are super close. I don't think an argument should mess that up." Despite how I felt, I agreed with them. "I get that, but he really crossed a line. He didn't even apologize! I was going to and he wasn't even-" I took a breath. "I want him and I to be cool, I really do." But I can't help feeling like something is up and it's bothering him. "You have science with him next class, don't you? Go talk to him!" To emphasize the point, they put a hand on my shoulder. "Seriously Amy,  things are going to be alright. If anything happens, let me know, alright?" Before I could stop them, they were already smearing bright red paint on my arm, in their cell number. Theo gave me a wave, wiping their hands on a towel and scooping up their bag. Theo is a wonderful friend. No matter what, they're here for me. I followed their lead, grabbing my bag. I guess I will have to talk to Christian.  Does he want to talk to me?

Santiago
I felt sweat dripping down my shirt. I was up to 15 laps, the punishment for "lazy asses not doing anything" in Coach's words anyway. Of course Nafiti and Terrence had to goof off today. Now we're all in trouble. After laps, Coach threw a soccer ball to us, telling us to continue playing. In the midst of the game, Jack punted a ball into the face of a geek, which bloodied the kids nose. I was ready to yell at him, until Sam stepped in. Shouting at him to take the kid to the nurse and giving Jack 15 extra laps. Which is cruel but he deserves it. I nudged the ball to Josh, who smirked, sliding it to Alex. I rolled my eyes inwardly. I can't believe that they still enjoy bullying others. This is the 21st century. I cocked my head, while Alex gave the ball a hard kick and Josh bellowed, "Head's up!" I watched the black and white death sphere, sail through the air and into his face. "You idiots!" The words left my throat before I could stop them. "Malditos tontos!" [Damn fools!]
Josh elbowed Alex, their laughter stopping immediately. "We weren't aiming for him, San!" Josh yelled. Alex joined him, "Tell your friend we're sorry!" As if I'd tell him a thing you two say. I jogged over to Christian, kneeling beside him. "Christian! Are you okay? Answer me!" I tapped his left cheek, fighting the urge to caress his face. Even with a bloody lip, he's still cute. "... San... tiago?" I nodded, "It's me, I'm here. Are you alright?" I motioned to Sam. "I'm taking this one to the nurse!" Sam ran over to us. "Woah, another bleeder, eh? What happened?" Playing football with him for two years and how he makes that Bieber cut work, I still don't know. "Josh and Alex were being idiots." Sam's smile fell and he leveled the two with a glare. "I told you both about purposely aiming for students you hold lower than yourself." Sam stuck his finger into Alex's chest. "This is your last warning. If it happens again, your ass is off the team. Indefinitely." Alex's jaw dropped. Damn right. Sam turned to Josh, grabbing his collar. "This is your second, but I'm counting it as your third. You're a senior. Pull yourself together and act like an adult. Same thing, if it happens again..." Sam pulled his hand away from him and made a slicing motion against his throat. Sam is a bit intense but that's what we need. Josh smirked, "You can't kick me off, you need me." Sam straightened his back. "You are worthless as a runner. We will have someone more suitable to take your place." Josh fumed, "You can't kick me off!" By this time, Coach had made his way over. "Sam, is this boy a player?" Sam's jaw clicked shut, before opening again. "Apologize to that boy you hit." Josh looked appalled. "I didn't kick it, Alex did!" Alex bowed his head. "I did kick it, Sir." Bending towards Christian, he shamefully spoke,"I'm really sorry about that." Josh's lips curled. "I'm not apologizing." Sam turned to the coach. "He is not a player Sir." Coach nodded. "Josh Memphis, you are hearby expelled from the football team. All leisure activities and privileges, are revoked. Turn in your letterman and gear. Garcia, please take that boy inside, I believe enough blood has dripped onto my field today." I nodded to him, carefully helping Christian up and into the school. That felt good to watch. I helped him onto a cot and explained the cause of his bloody lip. "Is it alright if I stay with him? The hit was extreme. It toppled him right over." She looked at me surprised. "Boys and sports today! My goodness. Of course you can stay." I smiled at her, "Thank you so much."
I get to be with him... ALONE!! My cheeks warmed at the thought. Though my heart felt heavy in my chest. He seemed so angry about being mistaken for being gay...is he? Or is he really mad because he's straight?