Thief ~Peter Quill~ *Fluff*

I was in the kitchen making breakfast, listening to music when Gamora walked in. We shot each other death glares. We always hated each other because she enjoyed being the only badass on the team and then I came along and ruined that title. "Jesus...not this again" Rocket facepalmed as Quill walked in. "I am Groot," said Groot as Rocket laughed, "that would be a little weird buddy...they hate each other...they aren't gonna make out..." Rocket chuckled as I shot death glares at Rocket, "don't look at me! He's the one that said it..." Rocket defended himself. I rolled my eyes and placed some food on a plate and then slid it over to Gamora. "My toast it burnt" she mumbled, I rolled my eyes as Quill walked up to me, "here you go" I smiled at him as I handed him a cup of orange juice and a plate of breakfast, "thanks...you always know when I walk up" he smiled sweetly at me as I blushed. He took a seat and then I took a seat next to him. We all started eating. "Groot...put that thing away...no playing games at the table," Quill said as he started eating his eggs, Groot rolled his eyes "I am Groot..." he said with a tone "whoa! Language!" everyone said as I snickered.

"If you don't put that thing away I'm going to smash into a million pieces!" Rocket yelled "Rocket! No yelling at the table!" I yelled at Rocket, "you're yelling too!" Rocket yelled back at me as I growled. "Guys! Stop yelling" Peter spoke calmly, after that we finished breakfast. I was in my room doing my stretches when there was a knock on my door, "enter" I yelled as I continued to do my stretches. "What are you doing?" Quill asked leaning against the door frame, "stretches...they help me get ready for a mission." I explained to him, "would hate to be running and get a cramp" I chuckled as he smiled, he watched me for a minute and I laughed. "What's up?" I cocked an eyebrow. "Got a question for ya" he cleared his throat, "all right" I smiled as I grabbed my over-shirt and slid it on over my tank top. "When we met...you instantly called me a thief...what did I steal?" he cocked his head to the side as I snickered. "You really don't know?" I smiled and he shook his head.

"You'll find out one day..." I said as I pushed him out of my room and continued to get dressed. The next day I woke up and did the same as yesterday. This went on for several days until we reached our destination where our job was. On the job, I took a bullet for Quill, "Y/N!" he shouted as I lay on the ground groaning and holding my shoulder. 'Fuck!' I winced in pain as he made his way to me and dragged me to where his cover was at, "Rocket! Cover my six!" he shouted as he pulled out some bandages, "why did you do that?!" he asked me as he started to wrap my shoulder up, "heh...you still don't know do you, thief?" I smiled as I groaned in pain. After that, the job was done and I was in the med bay of the ship. I stared up at the ceiling, there was a knock on the door, I sat up and saw Quill standing there. "How are you?" he walked in as I smiled, "I've been better...I suppose getting shot in the shoulder is better than dying..." I chuckled as he hugged me tightly. "Ah...careful" I chuckled as he cupped my face, "why did you save me? You could've died..." he had tears in his eyes and I smiled. "Because...you're a thief...and, my captain..." I told him as he sighed, he placed his forehead against mine.

"What did I steal from you Y/N? Will you please tell me? I'm tired of you calling me a thief when I don't recall stealing anything from you" I placed my hand on his cheek as he looked at me. "I thought it was obvious...the reason as to why I give you your food before you even reach me...the reason I laugh at all your bad jokes, the reason I like your strange earth music...the reason let you pull me away from whatever I'm doing whenever you need to talk to someone...and the reason I took a bullet for you..." I spoke softly as he studied my eyes. "I call you a thief...because what you stole from me...was my heart..." I added as his eyes went wide a little. "Really?" he chuckled breathlessly and I nodded. "I love you Quill...it's one of the reasons Gamora hates me...because I love you as much as she does..." I spoke as he took my hand into his own. He stared into my eyes, leaned in closer and we closed the gap between us. "Finally!" Rocket's voice echoed through the room as we looked over at the door. "I thought you two would never kiss...I was getting tired of her dropping the little hints...it was disgusting!" Rocket said walking off. Quill and I looked at each other and then laughed. "Y/N..." he said as the laughter died down, "yeah?" I smiled at him, "will...you be my girlfriend?" his eyes were filled with hope. "Of course...you thief..." I smiled as we placed our foreheads together.