Chapter 1

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

     ~Dr. Seuss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was hot, really hot, And raining Did I mention it was misting?" Tryouts for the girls soccer teams were always held in weird conditions. Coach Jenny always said that was a way to see who would still be on their top game in different situations.

  "Okay, ladies bring it in," she exclaimed"You all did a wonderful job today, as you all know results will be posted next week and practice will start in two weeks for Varsity and for JV." She gave me a slight wink when she said varsity and I returned the gesture with a wide smile.

   I played on JV my freshman year and really stepped up my game to play for the varsity. It was my dream hopefully to come true and I had a really good feeling about it.

  We all jogged off to the locker rooms to change when I heard my friend Jackie call my name "Carly!" I turned my head to see my bottle blonde pal catch up to me. "Hey hey, varsity chum!" she giggled. I smacked her arm with a smirk "Its not a definite... yet." I replied. We shared a big grin because we had been playing together since elementary and not to brag or anything, but people call our side of the field death valley because opponents have a hard time getting through us.

  As I was leaving the building coach tapped on my shoulder "Got a minute?" she asked. I nodded and she pulled me aside. " You did really well today Muhs, you have continued to impress me and I cannot believe how much you have grown, I just wanted to tell you how proud I am... and that I think the varsity team will do really well this season" and with that she walked off leaving me speechless.