Prologue

This is the preview of chapter 1 for my new story. Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the morning like always, with the sound of my alarm clock going off. I was almost happy, key word happy, until I remembered I had school. Upon this realization all the hurtful words, sneers, harsh laughs, and painful bruises rushed back. I suddenly regretted waking up, maybe it’s better if I don’t wake up at all and just stay in eternal sleep. The only reason I pushed on with my horrible life was my hopes and dreams, I knew that once I graduated from this hell hole everything would be okay again. I already knew what I wanted to be, I love photography and I hope to become a professional.

I looked over at my clock again and slowly got out of bed; I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth. I stared at myself in mirror as I curled my long brown hair; I added eyeliner to my dull brown eyes and a little blush to my cheeks to give my alabaster skin some color. I don’t know why I always tried to doll myself up, I guess that if I looked nice people would accept me but it never works. I tried to smile but it only looked like a grimace, I lost the ability to smile a long time ago. I walked downstairs and sat down at the table where my parents were waiting, I ate my breakfast quietly as they looked at me concerned. After I finished my breakfast I headed into my mom’s car and she drove me to school.

“Sweetie how come you don’t bring any friends home from school, I’d love to meet them.” She said, she looked at me with her tired brown eyes.

“Because I don’t have any.” I stated simply.

“Nonsense, you must have someone.” I felt a pang in my chest, I know she just means the best for me but it still hurts. Thankfully she pulled up in front of my school, River Valley High in the suburbs of Toronto, my hell.

“I’ll see you later mom, love you.” I heard her reply then I hopped out of the car and walked through the crowded walkway to the front entryway. I held my head high as I walked and looked around nervously, some people looked me at with pure disgust and others just looked at me as if I was a balloon floating in the wind, uninteresting yet slightly intriguing. I managed to make it to my first period class without running into the devil and his concubine.

I made it through the first three periods like always, quietly and invisible. By the time lunch came around I bought my food and quickly made my way to the library. I walked into the library, gave a small wave to the librarian which she returned and I walked to the small window that had a cushion on the windowsill in the back corner of the room. It’s my haven, I always come here for lunch and when I’m feeling down it’s always so peaceful.

I ate my lunch quickly and stared out the window thinking, as I sat there I heard the sound of approaching footsteps. I tensed up bracing myself for the onslaught of insults.

“Hi, um you dropped this.” A voice said. I turned to look at the person; I looked at a girl around my age. Her black hair cascading down her back and her green eyes twinkled behind the black frame of her glasses; she gave me a kind smile. Then I looked down at her outstretched hand and noticed my baby blue wallet.

“Thanks.” I said. She sat next to me and continued to smile at me.