His Arrows

The world will spin
As hope gets thin
Where have I been?
No one had seen.

Though, except him
Sight starts to dim
There's this strange beam
Bright rays they seem.

Arrows aiming
Bow adjusting
His targeting
Couples falling.

Love-

"What do I even know about that?" Ethra expelled a sigh as she put down her pen. Her short black hair fell smoothly down in front of her shoulders.

She has been through a lot of boys, whether it was an official relationship or not. Not longer than 2 years did any boys stayed together with her. Either the boy cannot commit to her and something he could not promise to keep, or that the boy fell out of love.

Doesn't seem possible to me! She grunted annoyingly to herself. "As if anyone really does fall out of love. Duh." Adding that out loud, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Honey dear, is there someone you are talking to?" A soft voice called from outside her room.

Ethra laughed some. "What? Oh, that was nothing Mom!" She face palmed.

Her Mother's voice sounded like she giggled. "Alright. If you have anything to talk about, just say so."

"Other than I should stop talking to myself, I'm fine Mom." She called, rubbing the back of her neck gently.

"Alright. I'll be down stairs." Another giggle left her Mother's lips before fading footsteps were heard.

Ethra shrugged then pushed her paper and pen out of the way before placing her green laptop on the cleared part of the desk. Some news will let her mind wander about anything but love, that was what she guessed. But as soon as she caught up with everyone through social media like Facebook and Twitter, the world seemed to talk about online-dating. Anything but love! She thought as she groaned.

"That's where I'm bad the most people, why tell it to my face even more?" Ranting, she could not help but feel pity for herself. "Worst in love, aren't I?"

Are you?

Shock filling her black eyes, Ethra spun so quickly behind her. "W-What?" She called to no one, literally and figuratively.

A sound of new notification rang throughout the room making her bounce on the chair. "Cupid!" She held to her chest where her heart was.

Gulping softly, she ignored the thought of hearing somebody. "Welp, looky that. Someone-" She cut her own sentence seeing her friend inviting her to an online-dating website. A frown slowly built up on her face. "Really?"

Wouldn't hurt to try.

There it was again. A faint voice she heard before, yet she trusted it as if it was her gut instinct. "Fine. Omegle it is then. Then Kik, or WhatsApp. Or yeah... It wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe that was what I'm lacking from all my past relationships."

Her fair skin-colored finger moved the cursor to the URL box and typed the first online-dating website she decided to visit.

***

"Eros, why are you doing this to me?" Ethra was nearly crying to the God of Love.

Cupid was his name in Roman Myth while Eros was from Greek. His name meant passionate, romantic, or erotic love. Son of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Beauty. His Mother ordered him for Psyche, who in mortal times was praised more than Aphrodite, to be married with the most hideous beast. Instead of doing his duty, it was as if his heart skipped a beat and fell for Psyche himself.

She cleared her throat as she sat properly on her chair. "Nope! Online-dating didn't work as well. No match. So much for hoping Eros would grant love for me even in online..."

Sweet child, online or not, he's been there. Always had, always will.

Finally, it struck her. It was not about the new generation having new ways of finding love. It was how her heart would find her love. And as if the world suddenly agreed to her, a facebook notification came from an Anime group she joined.

Oh, the poor soul. She thought reading a sad post from one of the group's members. Forgetting all of her worries, she private messaged the member who posted such heart breaking matter. Right now, nothing mattered than being herself, helping someone in need, even through online.

***

4 years had passed since that night happened. That very night where she agreed to let her heart find its way in love. She discovered a whole new world but as if mocking her, it was just the same world she used to live.

"You see, I adore Psyche's curiosity and philosophy. A reason why I keep on wondering around, sharing my feelings to anyone so long as I don't hurt them." He said with bright blue eyes glistening. Aodrucè was his name, the member Ethra met through Facebook.

Psyche or Psykhe, was Eros/Cupid's beloved wife. Their love story was indeed fascinating and overwhelming. He hid his identity to her and sometime around, she decided to reveal it making her biggest mistake. She went through different challenges just to prove her love's worthy of Eros/Cupid and succeeded.

A smile painted Ethra's face. "Eros guided me never the less. He had been, and always will be, with us shooting his arrows perfectly."

As the new couple watched the ending sunset, two shadow figures were seen watching them from afar.

Eros/Cupid need not to give way for the new generation. At the end of the day,

Love is like a boundary
Over such curiosity
Very overwhelming
Ever so fascinating.